Introducing Digitakt

Holy shit. Mind blown. Excitement +1,000,000 now!

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™d thought exactly this. Choice over whether sample fades or cuts on track mute is a very useful option to have.

2 Likes

Yep. I missed Program Change plock ability !
Very good news. :grinning:

Canā€™t break these vikings!

13 Likes

Rod stewart we are sailing.

Does this mean youā€™re shipping? :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Iā€™m still hoping for the ability to route the midi tracks to the DT internally instead of needing a cable. Iā€™m picturing parameter locking the CTR-ALL CC values to do some wild stuff, and if there ends up being a compressor on the ā€œMasterā€, itā€™d be really neat to automate it with the midi tracks as well.

2 Likes

Thanks lemons.

ā€œPlease do not be alarmed by anything you see or hear around youā€¦We are now cruising at a level of two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand to one against and falling, and we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what is normal anyway. Thank youā€¦ā€

4 Likes

Due to the ability to sequence program changes, the DT paired with a Korg Minilogue/Monologue would make an ideal setup for someone looking for an affordable compact setup capable of all types of wild sound mangling/design imo.

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t thought about it when I ordered it, but Iā€™m totally looking forward to sequencing (and sampling) the Minilogue from the DT. It feels like a bonus on top of a prize, or something. They are hand-and-glove.

The funny thing about these so-called ā€œdelaysā€ is that very few people remember them once the product ships. But once a product gets a reputation for having a half-baked OS it can haunt it for years after the OS is fixed.

2 Likes

The 16-step limit on the Monologue sequencer drives me nuts because it is such a fun/intuitive sequencer otherwise. The DT will make cheap synths with lame limitations like this much more useful with itā€™s ā€œswiss-army-knifeā€ full of tools.

4 Likes

Yes! Iā€™m feeling this for the Volca FM as well. And simply being able to program ONE sequencer for my live sets is going to be $$$$

3 Likes

You mean, ā€œswedish-army-knifeā€ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™m going to direct another question towards @Ess and @Olle at the risk of incurring the wrath of the Elektron-fanatics that feels asking questions about the DT is a despisable/immoral act.

Can effects be applied to sounds coming from the audio inputs (before sampling)?

ā€œFord, thereā€™s an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet theyā€™ve worked out!ā€

:monkey_face:

2 Likes

No, direct input and/or sampling.

5 Likes

Ok, thanks for the confirmation; thatā€™s what I thought.

1 Like

already answered in the negative in a previous postā€¦ but inputs can be monitored live.

ā€¦and also asking questions isnā€™t bad, no one has said that, but thereā€™s been a lot of aggressive/demanding language floating around, thatā€™s what the ā€˜fanaticsā€™ were pointing out

(Iā€™m really not sure why Iā€™m even commenting on this - getting ready to be shot down for being a fanatic)

1 Like

ok, cool. I wanted a confirmation because I was only speculating. Samplers like the Roland SP-404 allow effects to be applied pre-sampling.