Introducing Digitakt

I think somewhere earlier in the thread Simon said that unfortunately this is the only function that is not implemented in the MIDI tracks (for now)

Hello all, is there a manual available for this yet? seems not yet the units are prmised in UK this weekā€¦

11 Likes

There will be a manual, out there right now, on Elektronā€™s intranet, but itā€™s not available yet. I know thatā€™s the same as ā€˜no, thereā€™s no manualā€™ but Iā€™ve been thinking about this, wondering how complete it is and which pages need finishing off before itā€™s compiled and uploaded to a Digitakt mini site.

Iā€™m not obsessed or anything.

1 Like

100 bonus points for use of recurring ā€˜capitalism causes homelessnessā€™ theme.

They also havenā€™t confirmed the question about how chords work in the MIDI sequencer. Is the only way to insert chords to MIDI sequencer by manually editing step offset settings, or can we record the chords to a MIDI track by playing a sequence with external keyboard connected to DT?

it seems itā€™s most likely another offset scenario, given what Simon said yesterday. I guess if we could play in chords theyā€™d be very proud of it as a feature and would have let us know. it would be amAzin if you could play in chords real time (on the trigs would do me fine). pity.

I think so, as in A4 or OT. All notes of the chord have same length.

2 Likes

Please do not disturb the Elektron gods with mortal questions. How dare you feel anything besides utter greatfulnes for the opportunity to have a DT in your life. It makes no sense for you to want to know more about the DT. Your questions are disrespectful to the Elektron gods.

2 Likes

questions are fine, itā€™s more the manner in which some folk were asking. some were demanding rather than asking, and being just plain rude.
the elektron bais donā€™t have to come on here n answer our queries, they choose to.
so ask away, but just be courteous.

gnomesein :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If no, why are the input and output stereo ? :sketchy::loopy:
Can I make coffee with the master button ?
Can I wireless control DT with my iPad ?

11 Likes

I had a weird thought this morning about digitakt when I was just waking up and jumping in the showerā€¦

If I get a midi cable and loop back the midi out to the midi in of the digitakt can I use midi to provide extra parameter controls, LFOs etc to digitakts sample channels. I think the answer in theory is HELL YES! :smiley:

Henceforth we can call this "The Aiki 8 extra LFOs digihack " :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Already mentioned several times ! :grin:

3 Likes

Ah ok cool. Long thread, missed previous mentions. :slight_smile:

So what does everyone reckon? It will work I guess since thereā€™s no reason for it not to.

1 Like

If the midi implementation is complete, theorically youā€™ll be able to control everything with midi tracks CC plocks and lfoā€™s, even FX parameters.
Check AR manual appendix C : quite complete midi implementation !

1 Like

So, in other words: Dont expect the Digi to be released before Mid June - and better not expect it in June at all if you havent pre-ordered from you guys directly :wink: Statements like this are most likely the reason why people are not expecting it in May anymore ā€¦

Letā€™s see how it goes with the MPC Live. If this one is finally available in Germany i might cancel my pre-order as well. Announcing something and then not getting it done in time is ā€¦ sketchy

amazing :blush:

can you do one for the master button question?

7 Likes

wonders if the Elektron intranet uses XP Servers