Introducing Digitakt

Thanks for the update, @pidgeo.

I’m so ready for the Digitakt. I have a folder of drum samples I keep distilling down waiting for the DT. I also have a stack of cassettes with samples the DT will be perfect for chopping up.

4 Likes

:joy::grin:

Same as you…
(I sampled my Matrix to sell it for good price)

" I’m so ready for the Digitakt. I have a folder of drum samples I keep distilling down waiting for the DT. I also have a stack of cassettes with samples the DT will be perfect for chopping up".@Prints

Sometimes just sampling a sound ,makes it possible to modify it to his advantage Sound design

That’s what I like about the DT. It looks like it’s good for getting random sounds into, and being able to quickly manipulate those sounds while the creative juices are still flowing. I often won’t know what I’ll do with a long sample from a cassette or vinyl, but I want to be able to have those long samples immediately available in their entirety while also being able to quickly chop them up into different sections when I think of something.

1 Like

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-as-the-brain-to-your-setup/39015/30
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/companion-gear-for-digitakt/37193

The Dt machine is simple to operate. The ability to work while processing a large flow of music is awsome. Elektron has really advanced the concept, on the workflow processing.

It’s quite possible Thomann isn’t part of the first batch, and their first is the actual second.

Or so I’m telling myself when I get scared :blush:

1 Like

I still recon we get a compressor and eq for the master, it makes sense :smiley:

I’m a total nerd and I bask in its Glory :nerd_face:

1 Like

I like this optimism!

1 Like

Even though I’d love to get my hand on the DT this month, it’s hard for me to picture this happening when we still don’t know much about the midi sequencer and anything about the “Master” section.

4 Likes

Re: Thomann:
they seem to get their batches of new elektron gear allways somehow late,
but i think they get bigger batches. :wink:

same goes for Analogue Haven and eurorack: late but huge quantities :wink:
i see there some logic in it :wink:

again: @ Simon or @Elektron HQ:

can you please tell me in which format i have to prepare now my samples for the sample-transfer software which feeds the Digitakt ?

I´ve had a surch the other day, took me 50 minutes…
all i found was that the digitakt is taking 16/48.
but: this isn´t telling me anything about what the sample-transfer and translation? software is capable to deal with.

i do most of my sample recordings in a MPC1K, …stuck to 16/44.
so if i don´t have to convert would this safe my ALOTS of work.
i even had no clue how to do…

hey, and if it has been allready posted twice or triple, that info is so important it even would not hurt to have it on every third page in this thread vs. all the speculation posts about this and that for nothing…

I’ve wondered the same thing, but I’m assuming mono, 16-bit, 48kHz, .wav is the way to go from the info. we’ve got.

1 Like

I’m going to guess it will be the same as the Rytm. As long as its a WAV, they get converted to mono/16 bit/48k/normalized. They load faster if already in that format, but the Rytm does the converting if they’re not. WAV only though.

3 Likes

anyone with a gear4music pre-order wanna check if their 1st batch had been pushed back to may 31st too?

:slight_smile:

ok, automatic conversion seems a save bet then when the Rytm has it allready.
Thats Good News !

but wait:
automatic Normalisation ?
oh wow, that would be a major drawback for me ! hell.
thats No Good News !

this would show quite a lack of understanding working with samples from the side of elektron IMHO.
I´m preparing my recent drumsample and oneshot samplesets with quite some different levels per sample these days.
For example have i some “smokey” BD samples with not much frequenty content and thus not much power in it.
To make them standing out as fat samples have i to choose very carefully the level of other samples !
also do i incloude some ghostNote samples.
Not the same feel and work if i had to lower their level on the track…
anyway as i can p-lock the samples in a elektron Box and will use the ghost note samples with its related daddy, for example BD and its ghosts on the same track.

@Elektron:
i hope you consider such ways of working and add a on-off button to the automatic Normalisation in the sample transmitting software.
a absolute must have in my opinion !
thanks for reading :wink:

Thanks hotscience

2 Likes

U can easily change levels, I have no idea why this is a concern to you. IMO it’s better to mix loud samples lower than trying to set the levels of other samples to work with samples that are entirely too quiet.

changing “levels” of the samples to get ghostnotes is just not the same.
When you p-lock different samples on one track would it be even something much worser.
Totally cumbersome and unneccessary wokload.
To adjust by “velocity” means a loss of subtle dynamics…also no solution
thats just how it is, why trying to defend the undefendable ?

there are many aspects to it why it makes lots of sense to NOT normalize any sample automaticly.
Ghostnotes is one, different loudness perceivement of different frequenzy content is another.
i fore example try to “carefully” adjust my sample sets so, that if i play each sample with the same level/velocity that no one is sticking out in a unpleasant way or even hurting my ears.
…there went lots of thinking and experience into that kind of workflow, belive me.

another interesting aspect of that thematic is for example that many pros do not work with 0db normalised samples, just to say.
its in the meantime also my experience to better have the samples overall not normalised to 0db, regardless of my above points…and it allows to emphasize some single samples with very little frequenzy content like some softer basedrums by normailising only those to 0db.
i made my points. these are valid ones

what would it hurt you if you had a usersettable option to set normalisation on-off ?

3 Likes