Introducing Digitakt

Elektron talking about mid May

Where did you see info about a looper on the master?

No infos apparently, and Wouzer is hoping for that, me too. Possible with Octatrack.

2 Likes

Sorry, recorder

Well sorry, Iā€™m hoping for a recorder with looping abilities. :slight_smile:

it makes more sense with a stereo recorderā€¦

great track by young James

1 Like

You could just resample to any of the tracks :nosey:

Thomann contacted me saying delivery for the 1st batch has been put back to 31st May :frowning:

No worries, longer the wait, better the product. Not like whats going on with Akai and their half baked standalones.

2 Likes

hehe

I just hit the Akai forum to read up. Jeeeezus, no automation, limited timestrech :confused: Bunch of other advertised/insinuated stuff seeming ā€˜grey areaā€™ā€¦ God knows if the spec/code is even up to the task if they havenā€™t got it working yet. Akai killing it at ā€˜our reputationā€™s mudā€™ā€¦

Iā€™m sitting out on Live + DT til one of them blows my mind. Pre-release/slow tease/lack of info on both of them has been ridiculous. Seems imagining what either would be capable of was much more interesting than the realities (so farā€¦)ā€¦ Reached the point where Iā€™d be just as excited to grab a 2nd OT or a korg es2.

2 Likes

The best one was where you access a feature advertised on the box but get a ā€œComing Soonā€ message ??? Its the sequel to Capcom with Akai.

1 Like

Haha nothing worse than a huge screen being implemented just to tell you it doesnā€™t do stuff :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™d be really disappointed dropping two thousand dollars for a flagship for unfinished features. Looks like Akai never changed.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, @pidgeo.

Iā€™m so ready for the Digitakt. I have a folder of drum samples I keep distilling down waiting for the DT. I also have a stack of cassettes with samples the DT will be perfect for chopping up.

4 Likes

:joy::grin:

Same as youā€¦
(I sampled my Matrix to sell it for good price)

" Iā€™m so ready for the Digitakt. I have a folder of drum samples I keep distilling down waiting for the DT. I also have a stack of cassettes with samples the DT will be perfect for chopping up".@Prints

Sometimes just sampling a sound ,makes it possible to modify it to his advantage Sound design

Thatā€™s what I like about the DT. It looks like itā€™s good for getting random sounds into, and being able to quickly manipulate those sounds while the creative juices are still flowing. I often wonā€™t know what Iā€™ll do with a long sample from a cassette or vinyl, but I want to be able to have those long samples immediately available in their entirety while also being able to quickly chop them up into different sections when I think of something.

1 Like