Erasing parameter locks only

i am just traying to erase parameter locks following the manual instructions above and for some reason it is not working maybe i am missing a setting?

“To erase trigs in real time, press and hold [NO] + the [TRACK] key of the track you wish to erase trigs from. All trigs hit by the light of the running sequencer will be erased from the active track. The trigs of more than one track can be removed by pressing several [TRACK] keys simultaneously.
To remove only parameter locks in real time, press and hold [FUNC] + [NO]. All trigs hit by the running light of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. Sample locks will however not be erased.
Remove sample locks in real time by pressing [NO] while pressing the LEVEL knob.
Remove specific parameter locks in real time by pressing [NO] while pressing the DATA ENTRY knob
corresponding to the parameter that should be removed.”

First make sure you are in LIVE RECORDING mode - it opens the door to real time recording and erasing trigs and locks.

2 Likes

I don’t often do this but finally the other day I just went mad live recording parameter changes everywhere…
It’s a real fast way to some super far out sounds…

2 Likes

I use the last one (NO + DATA ENTRY knob while in LIVE RECORDING mode) quite a bit.

But beware:

EDIT: not something I have checked since the 1.30 OS dropped

1 Like

I am trying to remove all parameter locks of a single track at once, and also trying to remove all p-locks for a specific parameter.

To remove all parameter locks of track, I tried [FUNC]+[NO] but no parameter locks were erased.
To remove all parameter locks for one specific parameter, I tried [NO]+[DATA ENTRY] knob for specific parameter – again no dice.

All done while in LIVE RECORDING mode.

Can someone chime in, am I missing something from the instruction?

Looks you are doing it right:

What I know, after erasing operations the paremeter lock trigs are not cleared, they stay in place lighting green but with erased locks.

2 Likes

One more way to try from ‘How To… Octatrack’
How to CLEAR:

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll try this.

2 Likes