Elektronauts Forum Censorship

True but this forum has rules and guidelines that we all agree to upon joining. Break the rules be subjected to moderation. It is not a free for all forum. So calling out censorship is not really applicable here. There is a right to censor by those who own and run the forum

3 Likes

True! It’s like throwing a party and then having a bunch of unruly guest repetitively going on and on about how the Earth is round. I’m all for free speech, but I just wanted to have a pleasant party without that nonsense

Probably so they don’t get caught assuming his gender.

1 Like

yeah censorship is hardcore on this forum

1 Like

I just don’t like being called a troll. Sure I can get heated and bend/break the rules here from time to time, but I don’t mean any harm. Just trying to influence the path the company takes. I’m very pleased they fixed the reversed polarity on the DT’s main outputs for example, and a few members here flamed me on that because “who hears reversed polarity anyway” - so maybe my yawing had nothing to do with it. Maybe it did. I thought Electron’s unveiling of the Digitone was a bit ahem tone-deaf from a marketing perspective so was vocal on that thread. But so was putting DT in a plastic case at NAMM a year back. When the emperor has no clothes, somebody needs to say it.

Here’s the thing about “censorship” on this particular forum. The vast majority of the so called censorship is coming from the actual community, which is how this board is set up. Not the mods, not elektron.

So maybe if you feel censored, this is not the community for you. It’s kinda like hanging with the Amish and getting mad every time an Amish person tells you “no cellphones”. The rules and guidelines of the forum were laid out and needed to be agreed upon to join. If one does not find participation in this forum to their liking no one is making anyone stay.

5 Likes

nah, in many cases it is indeed coming from the mods. the moderation on here is indeed very biased and actively steering things instead of just enforcing forum guidelines, and that is something that “moderation” by definition shouldn’t do.

So the mods are going around flagging everyone’s post till they get hidden? Do you really believe that?

This thread is a magnet for trolls; didn’t you know?

did i say that? i don’t think so.

This is like a twilight zone Valentine’s Day Elektronauts special…

There’s a censorship thread and people are flagging and getting other posts hidden within it, and flagging is happening all over the board…

I don’t know what the funk is goin on, shits cra cra up in here… :joy:
I should probably go do something in the real world… :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Lol are we gonna split hairs. You said the censorship is coming from the mods. In response to me saying it came from the community. How does the community mod? Flagging post so they get hidden.

yes, very generally with their activity on here, not talking about “flagging” in particular, which I am not really sure if mods can do at all. i am not splitting hairs, you are putting words in my mouth.

You quoted me out of context to try to make a point. So don’t misuse my words. Because I was referring to flagging

yes, i understood you and i was saying i don’t share the perception that the “vast majority” of modding or “censorship” on here happens through user flags. i think you are splitting hairs now.

Careful y’all, just because we’re not getting Overbridge doesn’t mean we should start burning OURverBRIDGEs(of our hearts)

Be mad at Elektron :heart: :cb:

3 Likes

Flag you all.

1 Like

incoming THREAD LOCKED

I love that this one Announcement has led to three cancerous threads and an Elektronauts civil war.

As much as I love :rainbow:togetherness :rainbow:, I also have a heart of mischief

1 Like

Rubbing hands together.
Tehehe (evil impish laugh)

1 Like