Copy pattern between project

Hi,

i would like to copy an entire pattern (4 tracks audio+4 tracks midi) from a project to an other but i can’t find the way.

Any idea ?

1 Like
  1. Hold PTN (to see Pattern)

2. and also hold the Pattern you want to copy.

3. Press Copy (Rec.) while still holding 1+2

4. Now load the project you want to copy to.

5. Hold PTN

6. and also hold the Pattern where you want to copy to

7. Press Paste (Stop) while still holding 5+6

10 Likes

Perfect, thank you very much !

1 Like

Is there a way to copy multiple patterns between projects say to setup a live set?

2 Likes

This would be very useful but I haven’t found a way.

Also, if using the sound pool, it becomes a problem if copying patterns from different projects to create a live set as they aren’t carried over (?)

Is it theoretically possible to make an editor that does this over usb to help organize … seems like it shouldn’t be too hard. Pardon my ignorance if it is.

1 Like

It’s not hard, but very time consuming, because the project’s format isn’t documented nor does the Digitone support USB disk mode (you need to work on sysex dumps).

Reengineering the format would require hundreds or even thousands “modify a little bit / fetch sysex / examine / maybe upload changes” cycles + a multitude of crashes when you get it wrong …

So yeah, doable? Yes, of course, but it’s definitely not the funniest side project I can think of.

1 Like

Makes sense thanks for reply - really makes preparing a live set a pain but hopefully someone finds a creative work around other than keeping all your songs in one huge project which doesn’t make much sense organization wise.

it exists but works only for the Digitakt. Look for elk-herd in this forum and/or Youtube and you’ll be amazed.

wow! clearly it is possible but sadly nothing for digitone!

ahhh… what a pleasure to to renew with gigs, pattern management of all that stuff I made during those covid confinement days to finally show them to audience! WAIT A MINUTE !

I almost didn’t remember how it was complicated to manage those patterns (digitakt is fine thanks to MrZero <3 ) but what a pain in the ass to do it for digitone… I feel like it’s still medieval time, and not the good one.

sorry for the mood post as I’m very happy to play again with audience, but woaw that pattern management is giving me headaches! :frowning:

Same problem here, quite depressing …

1 Like

Yeah it’s really hard to grasp why Elektron doesn’t implement easy pattern import/export with sound locks remaining intact. Via Transfer for instance.
I wrote a feature request to them (with this and other points).
Chime in writing them, hopefully we’ll see that feature some time soon!

2 Likes

Ran into the problem of sound locks not remaining intact when copying a pattern to another project on Digitone, for the first time. I’m probably not the only one that would (still) like to have a solution to this.
So I guess this topic deserves a welcome bump for all users still running into this problem.
@Elektron

There seems to be a solution now

6 Likes

OK, thanks Dave!
Looks promising.
(posted only 8days ago…seem to have missed it)

1 Like