Analog Heat

bumping my own question. could find an answer in the manual. anyone knows by chance?

VCF mode : 80
1=LP2, 3=LP1, 5=BP, 7=HP1, 9=HP2, 11=BS, 13=PK

1 Like

The OS 1.02 is not available yet? This is mentioned in the manual (“Using overbridge requires OS 1.02 or later”)

I am guessing it’s in beta (Cenk was using the beta version?), so expect it to be out real soon.

cheers buddy. now I look lazy don’t I ? =)

1 Like

I read the manual from the end, that’s all :smile:

1 Like

Cenk’s demo walkthrough with Nick has got my :heat: GAS level sizzling up at Mark 11 … really shows the potential. gosh.

6 Likes

Yeah, you heard this hang drum sound at 7:02 ?
And this envelope follower with parametrable frequency window, you can go crazy with this.
I am warming up to get one as well :heat:

As well ! Getting and wanting are on two different continents altogether :wink: But I see that this is a device way greater than the sum of its parts, it all makes sense now … recycling through the AR inputs will have to make do for now for a flicker of :heat:

1 Like

What exactly is an envelope follower? I could not find any information. How does it relate to a regular envelope?

Its behavior (shape evoultion in time) is a reaction to the incomind signal (i.e. the dynamics of the signal).
this has been taken from AH’s manual…

So better to use a dynamic signal into it and not a compressed one (this can be done by AH=)

2 Likes

So it is an envelop on sound 1 who’s shape is controlled by sound 2? Or in the case of the AH it is used to modulate the filter and it’s shape is controlled by sound 2.

What do you mean with Sound 1/2 ?

Normally an envelope follower modulates a specified parameter (it can be cutoff freq, pitch, etc.) and the shape of this envelope follower is created as a “response” to the incoming signal (sound).

So, in the case of AH, its sound source (appearing at inputs 1/2) is the contour of this envelope follower that generates a modulation for a parameter you choose.
In the case of AH, parameters modulated by env.follower are up to three: one destination is cutoff frequency of the filter (permanent link), the other two can be chosen among several parameters, which you can find in the manual.

4 Likes

:heat: 1000 :heat:

1 Like

Purchased mine on Monday, thinking I’d get it by the weekend… still not shipped. Did any of you get a confirmation that your unit has been shipped? I get more and more gutted for each day nothing happens.

They told me 1-3 weeks…aaaargh

Ouch!!

First ones shipped today.

5 Likes

One of those is mine. GC told me the first units have all been spoken for, but managed to get one unit for me.

Analog Heat at the master output using the Mid Drive character. Added some boost on the EQ while the Envelope follower dropping the drive amount with each kick.

13 Likes

I’m also really interested to see more about the filter…
I have a Filter Queen and a Jomox T-Resonator, and I have to say I kinda feel tempted to sell both and reach for the AH… I feel that it might be more suitable for my current musical endeavours, and a nice partner to my Octatrack (the only Elektron machine I own).
I love my T-Resonator (plus it has some nice effects, and it’s a great sound destroyer) but the hiss on it when engaged is ridiculous… it also cuts frequencies on the high end quite noticeable…
The Filter Queen, although really musical, also adds some noise to the signal… I do love the env follower on it, and the resonance on it, it has an agressiveness - for lack of a better word - that I really like, although I haven’t been using it so much lately.