Analog Heat

Sounds great. I’d love to see similar clip of A4/AK + AH.

^^You will have it… This thing sound just fakking incredible!

7 Likes

yeah the new thing sounds quite amazing

reading through this forum, it’s looking like this thing should be named “The Polarizer”

6 Likes

:laughing:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Heat - the first of several boxes?

Does AH have holes for screws on its sides like other elektron devices have?

Sounds hot.

very, very nice… can you set a frequency for the eq? or does the eq has fixed bands?

No holes on the sides. Four holes underneath that I think (= unconfirmed) is specifically for mounting purpose.

2 Likes

Clearly states “2-band adaptable stereo analog EQ” in the specification section on the webpage.

So awesome man!

1 Like

I’m warming up to it being paired with the OT.

For some reason I assumed the signal path wasn’t all analog because of all the digital modulation and such going on; I think I was picturing the A4’s signal path or something with everyone wishing for digital algorithms such as reverb. My mind naturally went for the digital bit reducer algorithm found in the RYTM’s signal path. So the AH for sure cannot possibly implement any additional effects like this with OS updates?

1 Like

More please Captain!

2 Likes

In any case, if a bit reduction effect cannot be implemented into the AH, one could easily find an effects box to do that, and my main point is that a bit of bit reduction, a touch of AM, and an envelope modulating the filter while the AH is in saturation mode would surely do a good job of emulating an SP1200. I’d like for someone to try this so I can hear it; that’s a big reason for why I want to buy this thing.

2 Likes

seeing the automation on the envelope makes me happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out the Pittsburgh Modular Crush. For all intents and purposes this is an “analog bit reducer”. I own one and I agree with Prints in that this could have been a nice circuit in the AH.

EDIT: I was a bit rude in my reply, so fixed it. Sorry, srejv.

5 Likes

Ever sense the AH has been announced I’ve been using the lo-fi distortion effect in my OT a lot more. :joy:

6 Likes

Filter is the no. 1 used effect in my OT, I´m always touching that Dist knob in setup page rather than using lo-fi. Although I do use SRR and BRR a lot secondary on top of it if the filter isn´t enough for what I´m after. And I like the filter in this Heat thing too. Just heard some random music thru it and instantly thought: 'hmmm, that reminded quite a bit of ‘Copy of A’…

3 Likes