Analog four mkii controlled by ableton no overbridge

Hey,
So I recently got an analog four mkii and I’m really enjoying it but I’m having trouble finding info for the mkii version. I guess it’s still relatively new… Anyway I was wondering if there is a way to control the analog four via ableton without overbridge since it’s not out yet for the mkii. Further more, is it possible to use ableton to trigger patterns with sounds from different kits to make transitioning in a live set easier (ie keep the drums going in track 1 from previous pattern set while changing the bass line in track two to a different pattern with a different sound than the last bassline). Any help is much appreciated. Cheers.

I haven’t done this exact operation, but the basics I know. The A4 has midi in, and ableton will send midi out.

Provided you have your cables hooked up right it should just be a matter of sending the right commands from the computer.

Hey mate, maybe that thread give you some ideas, and you can take an ableton custom rack from elektron user and the CC’s and make changes for your own purpose. For me was very useful cause I have push2 too.

Then you can change patterns and sounds sending program changes by Ableton clips.

3 Likes

Thank you, this was helpful, especially the thread! I’ll update this once I’ve played around with it for a while.

The Elektron website has a suppprt section where you can download the user manual, etc. for the Analog Four MkII.

Appendix D. MIDI of the manual contains eight pages of MIDI CC and NRPN implementation for your viewing pleasure.

1 Like