ZRNA Akso

@chapelierfou probably simplest way is something like this:
https://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/midi-breakout?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7qP9BRCLARIsABDaZzgOw0_95aL3z-PrfhJP8XMIK6C7Ju9L5f6j6livQ1wWDPUUsA7i2CMaAswVEALw_wcB
Or any 3.3v compatible midi breakout, then just connect to +v supply, gnd, tx, rx on akso according to this:

“ Traditional MIDI DIN is also supported at test points but requires a breakout board or adapter. Starting from the voltage in pin VI and working down, the test points align with the five pin connector on Axoloti Core’s MIDI section, so it can be reused if you have one available. MIDI RX is mapped to pin G9 . MIDI TX is mapped to pin GE .”

2 Likes

Thanks a lot !
I didn’t know what the “MIDI breakout” were. Ordered !

1 Like

You’re welcome @chapelierfou :+1:

1 Like

Still have not received my Akso, I ordered it at the end of July and assumed it would be here by now since others have reported getting theirs, a few days back I emailed them but no response yet, is there any other way to contact them like a forum or something?

2 Likes

I was starting to wonder where mine was having ordered end of August. Guess I’m even further down the queue!

I got a confirm email for a couple of boards a few days ago … not bothered by the delay as sounds like a labour of love, but ZRNA-man is getting through it.
Looking forward to that package arriving. as have had a lot of fun with numerous axolotis, but the extra power is v attractive.
Will keep you posted on arrival!

Yup: https://forum.zrna.org/

1 Like

I asked to cancel my order now, due to the uncertainty around delays due to Brexit and the potential for stuff to get lost I decided to wait until things settle down.

I don’t really have time to delve into Akso right now, but I will probably get a board or two later.

1 Like

Got my shipping notification today :smiley:

2 Likes

I have not had any replies to either of the emails I sent them, nor a refund or shipping notification.

Also due to French govt closing the tunnel and ferries over the Covid mutation (like it isn’t all over the world already anyway!) it is unlikely that they will be delivered, apparently most stuff is being returned to sender by DHL, not sure what other couriers are doing.

I think I’ll have to do a chargeback through paypal.

Mine has taken two weeks according to postal tracking to get from source to Chicago airport today (!)… so not expecting it to have crossed the Atlantic before Santa gets here.

Who knows what logistics are going to be like over the next two weeks.

For those of us not in the UK I’m panic buying Colman’s cranberry sauce and Dunnock’s Tea Cakes.

1 Like

Seriously, these little domed beauties have fuelled my entire 2020

1 Like

Arrived! Some festive soldering ahead!
Significantly smaller than the OG

1 Like

Mine finally arrived today. I had not heard back from them since the last two messages I sent, so I opened a paypal claim, then it just turns up out of the blue.

2 Likes

Curious to the owner’s of an Akso, how is it?

1 Like

So…Akso then… Seems like it’s gone down the toilet and been abandoned by it’s creator?

Bit annoying. Wish I’d known that before I bought one.

Is it ? Why do you say that ? im asking because im looking for one (already have the Axoloti)

The creator seems to have disappeared. Nobody has heard from him for months (over on the Akso forums).

Ok thanks !
I hope he/she is fine and the project is not dead. The Axoloti is already an amazing platform and the Akso looks like a better version of it.

Yes, agreed. I have both and the Akso is defintiely an interesting development.