Zoom ARQ

Techno Tambourine

2 Likes

It does look like a tamborine robot vacuum. If I get one, Iā€™ll jam with your wife with her vacuum. Weā€™ll do a vs comparison video lols

1 Like

Iā€™d break it the first day, thinking itā€™s a Tron disc and throwing it at somebody. lol

But how fun does it look when youā€™re hiting it like a tambourine tho. The more I watch it the more Iā€™m getting intrigued. Must. Stop. Watching. Zoom arq videos. This thing, itā€™s like forcing you to buy it the more you watch it.
ā€œNext on Star Trekā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I thought I would ask here. Thereā€™s not that many videos on it compared to other things but thereā€™s some videos that make it look really interesting and for the price it seems pretty good to me.

Personally when I first heard about it, I watched a few videos of it trying to see how it presented new methods of making music. Iā€™m a pretty big zoom fan after having their field recorders.

However, I didnā€™t find anything substantive, personally speaking. But, if it looks good to you, then you should grab it as Zoom makes pretty quality stuff(based on their field recorders & microphones)

2 Likes

Out of all the videos, I thought this one did a pretty good job showing itā€™s features and how they can be used.

2 Likes

It certainly looks like a good option if you donā€™t have any other hardware

Donā€™t forget the Zoom multitrack recorders.
They were pretty solid. It was either Zoom or Tascam as your top choices.
Theyā€™re still putting out new ones too so thatā€™s kind of cool.

2 Likes

Never messed with them- but they look hecka cool

How about their 360 recorder theyā€™re coming out with? Looks cool!

I think Iā€™m probably the only one here excited to wear this thing on my head lols I think I might go for it, it seems pretty cool and small to take with me when I donā€™t want to grab a bunch of things. And I donā€™t have much experience with loopers so it would be interesting playing with that too

1 Like

Well my favourite saying ever is to ā€˜be a purple cowā€™
Well this is multicoloured, striped and polka dotted
Love it

1 Like

We want video footage of head techno tambourine vacuum antics or it never happened

1 Like

I will if I buy it and I probably will buy it aha I could picture changing the filter or other effects with the ring would be a good neck stretch in the morning lols

1 Like

I ended up buying one so I could make fun of it in person. Think of it as a 32 channel sequencer sampler synth drum machine. Along same lines as an electribe. Itā€™s good except for itā€™s almost fatal flaw which is midi. Still for $250 itā€™s actually pretty cool. Wouldnā€™t use if for live performance and a couple of bugs regarding swing and amp envelopes, but I donā€™t feel ripped off.

1 Like

Whatā€™s wrong with the midi?

When connected to computer via usb, you can use the ring as a midi controller.
Issues arise when trying to sequence the zoom with the editor (pretty useful) open, as it blocks messages from your DAW. There is a workaround that was documented on Gearslutz for getting it to work, I had problems with it, but tried again and got it working eventually.

Check post 157 for methodā€¦

1 Like

When youā€™re wearing this thing around your waist like a giant hula hoop glow stick who needs midi I always say

2 Likes

I dunno how small you are but thereā€™s no way in hell Iā€™d be able to fit that around my waist, even if I lost the beer gutā€¦

1 Like

Suck it in mate youā€™ll be right

2 Likes

It does look like itā€™d be pretty great as headwear though, could really enhance my ā€œtechno angelā€ character.

The discount is ridiculous as wellā€¦ almost along the lines of being able to get those Casio starship things for $75.

1 Like