YouTube Digitone tutorial: Using the arpeggiator

Hi Elektronauts, I have a new tutorial on my channel about the Digitone’s arpeggiator: I use the arp in nearly every jam, because I just love it’s versatility and think that it is a great performance tool as well. So in this video I want to show how I use the arp on melodic elements as well as on more percussive sounds. Hope everything gets clear and makes sense, let me know if there are any questions!

Cheers and happy weekend,
Miles

19 Likes

Thank! You helped me a lot
I’m like a beginner digitonist)

1 Like

Hey, that is awesome to hear! Thank you for your feedback and I wish you a great start for your Digitone journey. :slight_smile: I love that little synth!

Thx Miles, very instructive. Guess what ? Your YT channel made me buy a DN :wink:
I was wondering if you can change each length step, but I guess no. It would be great to be able to define precisely each step with volume and length options for instance. It would be even greater to pick up and customize arp shapes in a submenu…

1 Like

That is so cool to hear! Cheers, hope you enjoy the synth! :heart_eyes:
And so true what you say about the arp length. I just wish you could step lock the Arp settings like all other settings in the synth, it’s really a pitty that it isn’t possible. There is a workaround that you save a specific Arp setting with the synth preset in the sound pool and then bring it back into the track, but that’s in most cases too much of a hassle for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I dig this box, but you really have to ‘think different’ as God said :laughing:
Thx for the new tip !

1 Like

Thanks, this is a useful video with some great ideas I will start using right away. I don’t have a Digitone yet, but most of this will work fine on my Analog Four.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m happy to hear that! Great to hear that the A4 works so similar, I’m really eyeing on that! :grin:

1 Like

Hope we can get a point where we can port out ARPs as MIDI data. I have a sick sequence I’d like to bounce to my MPC but can’t seem to get it right…gotta do audio instead.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s one of the most requested Digitone features, would love to see that as well. Would simplify so many things!