Your top ten video games of all time

I put a couple more than 10 but this probably sums it all up, I played these games a lot and not much else

Counter Strike (both 1.6 and GO)
Age Of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion
Witcher 3
Portal II
Burnout 3: Takedown
Tony Hawks Underground
Okami
GTA: San Andreas
Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Diablo II
Modern Warfare 2
Mario Kart 64
PUBG

5 Likes

Mr driller (gba)
Drop zone (c64)
Defender (arcade)
Rocket robot on wheels (n64)
Zelda (snes)
Bubble bobble
A ratchet and clank game.
Starquake (spectrum)
Elite (c64)
Elite beat agents (ds)

1 Like

Baldurā€™s Gate 2
Civilization 6
Deus Ex
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Grim Fandango
Half-Life 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Red Dead Redemption 2
Skyrim

5 Likes

Williams games were hardcore, Defender, Stargate, Robotron2084, Narcs, Joust, Sinistar etc.

Also loved the sound synthesis in those early Williams games, as a kid they were amazing.

3 Likes

Essential

6 Likes

Had that on msx too, forgot about it until now, great game.

1 Like

I could stand on this for hours @darenager when I was 15 in the arcades getting mega scores it was one of the best games ever I also loved

Bombjack

3 Likes

Itā€™s interesting to look through mame sample folders. Lots of old sample fodder in them.

1 Like

Hell yeah, also Ghosts n goblins, Commando, Dig Dug, Mr Do!, Green Beret, Spy Hunter, ha the list goes on!

4 Likes

Played Resi 2 OG and Remake as wellā€¦ both great. Played the Remake on a Beamer with 5.1 Sound System. Everytime Mister x showed up and this deep deep sound slide shoke the whole room. It was really massive.

Loved the old sounds in those machines mate especially in DEFENDER I wonder if anyone every had the idea of grabbing the old pcb boards and modelling synths with them theyā€™d be worth a fortune those old machines :rofl: Never thought to buy an old one and sample the sound hehe

1 Like

Yeah I loved Dungeon Master. I never beat it though :sob:

Iā€™m probably forgetting some but my list (which shows how old I am :joy:)

Cannon Fodder
GTA3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mario Cart
Kick Off 2
Speedball 2
Tekken
Elite
Populous
Dungeon Master

4 Likes

A link to the Past
Resident Evil 1 and 2
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 and 2
Golden Eye

I stopped playing around that time

Edit: Mario Kart

3 Likes

Super mario 3
Zelda
Duke nukem
Quake
Half life
Return to castle Wolfenstein
Trackmania
Driver
Gauntlet 2
Speedball

3 Likes

I donā€™t really have time, interest or honestly the funds to be a gamer anymore, but I did love games up until like 2005. After that itā€™s just been indie games that run on my budget computers whenever I have time. I did include two newer games, the only two Iā€™ve really played and enjoyed in the past 10 years.

Doom 2
Broken Sword
Championship manager 2
Blood
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Baldurā€™s Gate 2
Thief 2
Caves of Qud
The Long Dark
One extra: Noita.

I had a SNES and a GameCube, but neither had any games that I liked more than PC games.

PC supremacy!

4 Likes

IĀ“m not that big of a gamer anymore too, but somehow looking at recent games, somehow I managed to play a bunch of them and I always try to get some of the newer consoles when they are a little bit older. with covid now I have to admit I manged to grap a Ps5 and an XsX.

Whats scary is many of my fav games just used 48kb of memory. Compare that to the 64gb of games today.

I forgot to add Tomohawk(helicopter sim) and Fighter Pilot on the Spectrum.

1 Like

64 GB, if only.
This is the biggest worry after the concepts of exclusivity
and the fact that too many games are cut with lukewarm water without salt.

2 Likes

yeah weĀ“ve come a long way. my mom keeps telling the story of me when i was young. i had an amiga 600 and if you wanted to have games you either copied them or you phoned a shop that hat listings in games papers. so I ordered a game called mr. nutz a jump and run. and that game took a very long time to arrive, not like today with amazon. every day I was asking the postman if he has my paket from the games shop. and I ended up waiting one whole summer, while skating in front of the house. after weeks and weeks it came. was a blast.

3 Likes

New indie games are fun, even if theyā€™re mostly just rehashing games from the 90s and early 00ā€™s. Big budget games just seem exhausting to me.