Your Stereo Samples on the Digitakt

Your Stereo Samples on the Digitakt. Well, how to do that? It’s very simple!

I think it will work.

1. Split your favorite stereo samples into two MONO audio files L / R in your DAW or any apps.
  2. Connect Digitakt to the computer via USB.
  3. Open Electron Transfer Utility software on your comp.
  4. Drag and Drop those two MONO L / R samples to the Electron Transfer main window. ( see user-manual - 15.2.2 )
  5. Press “SRC” to open the Source parameter page, and assign the “L” sample to the first track - A01, and “R” sample to the second track - A02.
  6. Select AMP Page on the Digitakt. ( see user-manual - 11.6 )
  7. Set the Pan positions, L64 for the audio track -A01, and R63 for the audio track -A02.
  8. Record a sequence for any Pattern on the audio track -A01 and then copy/paste all parameters ( Midi Note events, modulations, settings, etc ) to the audio track -A02. ( see user-manual - 10.11.4 )

Now you can play the same sequence on the A01/02 audio tracks that will trigs your Stereo Sample! And sure, you can also edit/change any parameters on both audio tracks. And yes, it would be fine to get more flexibility to “link” the two audio tracks for quick performance and sequencing.

That’s All!

2 Likes

Yeah a workaround but a shame stereo files can’t be handled directly, at the sacrifice of a channel obviously.
Would be nice to at least have an option to automatically apply all of one trax settings (including sequence pattern) to another track for stereo files, thus eliminating the tedious task of manually copying settings between trax. Some sort of track link I guess

3 Likes

Yeah would be nice if we could switch two tracks to a stereo mode

3 Likes

And resampling feature for L recording, R recording, without audio editing. So elementary.

2 Likes

Yeah a workaround… but all of us still need to use STEREO Samples, it’s fact. The Linked audio tracks can be help, ( A01+02, A03+04, etc ), where the first audio track will mirror of all parameter changes and note trigs on the second track without having to copy&paste. And so, It will not be a chore to split the stereo sample in a few seconds. Guys from Elektron, can you hear us? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really don’t think the stereo linking of tracks that’s implemented in machines like the Korg E2S, and my Gotharman Fuzion is going to be added to the DT. I think this because it’s a relatively simple modification to the OS (that would add so much), and it’s too obvious. I really believe there will be an OT2 which will handle stereo samples, have time-stretching, and maybe analog filter to distinguish it from the DT in their lineup of products.

1 Like

Basil was always the best…

Some features can be added by simply OS update, and it’s also obvious. Time will show…

Here’s to hoping @void’s SDS Drop with Stereo Drive will become DT compatible.

3 Likes

the OT can already time stretch and handles stereo samples:)

1 Like

Yes. I don’t think anyone’s going to try to disagree with that. My point was that “feature” is reserved for the OT, which I feel will be updated soon.

1 Like

Similar to the trig conditions being added to their legacy products (A4, AK etc), i reckon stereo tracks will be released once/if the OT2 is released.

They could even go further, and let you choose stereo or mono for each track in the SRC page, and then the next track along will be greyed out as if muted

I think it would be cool to also make stereo P lockable - lets say track 1 + 2 are your stereo track, you could use both tracks to play a stereo sample lasting for 16 beats, then you could P lock in mono samples for the remaining 48 beats on both track 1 + 2 separately, giving greater flexibility to the stereo feature