Your Setups (Part 1)

Wow! Is it as great as it looks? I can see a bunch of uses for such a stand around here.

1 Like

We rent a Chalet from Friday to Wednesday. Without a doubt, I’m bringing the Syntakt only.

4 Likes

It’s top notch Darren, I have been looking for something robust , sturdy and flexible for some time ….this fits the bill , highly recommended. Helpful people too on the phone, I spoke to them to get a modded version and they were happy to oblige.

1 Like

Ooh, this looks great! I’ve built a few things with T-slot, hadn’t thought about doing a stand with it. Lovely!

1 Like

I’m really behind on the syntakt only thread but I enjoyed something of yours I listened to last night (I think)

1 Like

When I’m on vacation, I only bring one device or two. I think the Syntakt is perfect for the task, no need to bring anything else.

I really like the ST on its own but like I said in this thread :

1 Like

Cut setup a bit due to unexpected move to another country, still will be pain to move this staff again :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Is that the PWM Malevolent on the top right? I haven’t seen one of those in the wild yet.

Nop , it’s a Yamaha CS15

1 Like

20 Likes

I’ve been looking at the Coupe System on and off for a couple of months, there’s a dude that’s been looking to make a part-trade for an Octatrack mk2 (which I happen to have a spare of)… are you happy with yours? How’s the workflow on it, is it difficult to integrate/play with your other gear?

(det kanske är du som säljer den genom vend? :smiley:)

Thanks for the little rundown :0) I predict one of these stands to be in my house by the end of the year. The design seems very well considered.

I have everything from System Coupe now except HPO, MCO, and MCF (I have other vcos and filters to fill the role) and absolutely love the setup.

Triggering Squid Salmple via midi (I’ve been using Ableton and sometimes Digitakt) and clock+run syncing Pam’s makes it very easy to integrate in a larger setup. Pamela’s New Workout is one of the coolest eurorack modules imo, and that’s after I got into modular to get away from menus. It’s great for a different way of sequencing patterns, and could also provide all the modulation needed for the system coupe. That leaves Quaid Megaslope free to do all sorts of interesting things and is imo worth the space it takes up. It’s nice to have an immediate step sequencer and Pam’s or Squid can both quantize to get more melodic results from it.

I got Squid Salmple maybe a month ago and it’s by far my favorite sounding sampler for drums. I really enjoy its crunchy, lofi character. I thought about just getting something like TAL Drum instead but compared that (along with my MDUW) after getting Squid and by far preferred the latter because it had the most crisp and punchy sound throughout pitch ranges. Recording drums from hardware does not make my workflow more efficient by any means, but it’s worth it for me with this setup because I love the sound and different way to generate ideas. Last note about sound before these paragraphs become way too much, Tangle Quartet is my favorite sounding vca I’ve used in eurorack so far. Clean and full sounding and the CV response is great for envelopes with variables curves, like Quaid, Pip Slope, Maths, etc.

The ALM stuff reinvigorated my interest in modular. I like the extras I have in my setup (Jumble Henge, Mum M8, PE-1) and don’t know what working only with the System Coupe is like, but none of the extras I enjoy are vital so even if it’s your only bit of modular I think it would be pretty great since it works so well with midi (assuming that’s a part of your workflow). Anyway I’ll give some space for the person you asked to respond now :wink:

2 Likes

Japp jag som säljer.

But (in english if someones interessted), i think the system is more than meets the eye. Looks awesome and all you need is some external effects. Maybe an extra envelope, I tend to use the megaslope for sequencing or transposition. But Pam has inputs that could be used for extra envelopes i guess.

Anyway, really cool efficient system, just feel i have enough euro, or gear overall for that matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just want to add that the Squid got built in filters and even quantizers/channel, even envelopes come to think of it?

And yeah, the sound IS actually something special. Hm maybe i should keep it, though Im actually not a fan of PAMs, i use the squarp hermod for all simular stuff and find it better.

1 Like

I´ve just read the “Do you have taste” thread and now I see this.
You´ve got taste !

2 Likes

36 Likes

What did you use to make that diagram?

I like your new “auox” mixer

2 Likes

1+ for the Argon8.

1 Like