Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Ah! Never updated mine! That’s not good though, thought they were great little units.
Sorry to hear about your casualties.

Ah, Ikea rast, so flexible and useful!

1 Like

Finally built some bass traps

16 Likes

Accent - sorry to hear about your broken VF-1s. I’ve only recently bought mine and it seems fine so far. I got it for the midi-clock syncable modulation FX, which the SE-70 sitting next to it can’t do.

Another underrated secret weapon is the Behringer (!) VD-400. Before anyone scoffs, it’s a fully analog BBD delay for about $40AUD. Supposedly a clone of the the Boss DM-3, it sounds fantastic on snares and hats. And it self oscillates like a beast.

1 Like

Hey there, the drumbrute is super fun, much more fun and useable than the TR8. They have step patches for swing and offsetting, plus you can roll individual notes so that’s a bonus. I love the polyrhythms, it just makes things a little more unpredictable, esp with a touch of random…

With the Pyramid arriving 2 days ago, I just cleaned and totally re-arranged my setup, so nothing is really hooked up yet. I’m going to need a bigger mixer than the K-Mix I think. Looking at the Soundcraft Signature 22mtk. I’m running out of room!!!

13 Likes

Allow me to recommend the A&H Qu-PAC if you want a mixer with plenty of I/O that occupies a small footprint.

5 Likes

The one exception: me sitting right next to it :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that is a world unto itself.

1 Like

I’m pregnant with a million ideas every time I look at it!

1 Like

A couple of weeks ago. I wanted to downsize on my studiodesk, so decided to box everything and only put the machines on the desk I love the most and sit with it for a couple of months. Currently I don’t have any GAS… The only thing is missing at this moment is the Digitakt (pre-ordered it)
The laptop is for recording with the Heat as sound cart, SDSdrop and Vosyr. I’ve got ableton live lite as DAW with a couple of NI instruments as sample food for RYTM, Volca and in the (hope near) future DigiTakt.

Boxed are A4, OT, Volca Kick, Toraiz, Korg EM-1 and TB-03. I am not planning to sell anything. I like these boxes a lot. But needed some rest in my head.

7 Likes

Here’s my current setup. Very pleased with how everything is working together

13 Likes

Not fully re s tup yet. I was away traveling for a long time with just a guitar and an interface for my iPad to use bias fx with the guitar. Now I am back and trying to work on a setup to make droning guitar industrial kind of stuff, like almost post rock but with more noise influence.
The setup is a little daunting cuz I need to relearn the octatrack and the a4, they feel pretty new to me again after so long.
I am planning on using reason as my daw now that they got the vsts going! I love making noises in the rack and sampling them!
Then I just track things out into the sequencer linearly, so if that works out I got a push 2 I might part with in the near future.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Stops copy’s me!

1 Like

4 Likes

2 Likes

I just got my pyramid and have the virus t2i. how do you find them as a combo? 16 separate patches at once, right?

Yeah, have’nt had my Pyramid long either but I like automating the harmoniser effect with arp. There are lots of cool things you can do with the Pyramid, I have hardly scratched the surface. The euclidean stuff is great to.

One thing I find with the Virus is that a lot of the presets don’t really work that nice when played as a chord. However if you program your own patch from scratch it seems to sound great when played as a chord.