Your setups [ 10k Archive]

What’s that recording console you have left of the virus?

I dig your Soundcloud tracks … would be curious to hear anything you come up with using this setup.

Nice kitty hahaha ! :smile_cat:

How much did you spend for you modular set up ???

Tascam DP-24

1 Like

Nice set-up! Featuring the world’s laziest patch bay.

:smile_cat:
hmmm, I think I’d rather not try to think too much about all the money invested in it :slight_smile: Most modules are second hand, and a lot of getting this selling that before this setup, that is pretty much fixed now, GAS is kinda gone regarding Eurorack

Thanks a lot ! I’m new to the Machinedrum so I still don’t exactly know how I will use it, but that’s for sure the plan, managing to make a few tracks using this setup only, with a couple of guests here and there

How is the dp24 as a recorder and for mastering? Am thinking to get one and bypass the daw when i am using elektrons.

1 Like

Lots of interesting gear you got! I’d love to know your opinion of the JHS and Cali76 pedals. I’m always looking for an affordable bit of analog magic dust to sprinkle onto tracks.

My noisy little corner. Moving to a bigger place soon.

5 Likes

Awesome. Some great pieces there.

Don’t master on it just record everything into it master and mix down in Reaper. Think you would be making hard work for yourself doing it all in the Tascam. Still a really nice way to work as it’s really hands on, simple to use and nice not to have a computer in the chain when making music. Has midi so can sync everything up no problems and timing seems spot on. With a high memory SD card you can record around 5 hours. The new ones that have been released (SD version) do not have midi.

Nice set up how are you getting on with Retroverb?

Thanks. They are both really nice really good for proscessing the xox and Miami which was the main reason I got them. I got the Cali76-GP so not cheap, but worth it for the extra features. It is a really nice compressor size was also a factor for me so that is why I want for a pedal. Putting anything through the the Colour Box though can make things sound really nice if you don’t go to crazy with the settings.

Ah ok, was eyeing the sd version but since it doesnt have midi sync i guess i will pass then, thanks!

Retroverb is grrrrreat! Already made a couple of tracks which it features quite heavily on. It’s a keeper.

I’m considering it against the Eventide H9. You didn’t happen to compare them, did you? I know entirely different approaches, but curious…

Cheers. I’m just more productive with small setups, quality over quantity every time.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! Looking to slim mine down.

Never had a chance to get my hands on a H9, though they look tasty. I’m just into knobs and analogue for my sound design kicks, so the Retroverb is right up my boulevard.