Your setups [ 10k Archive]

It just depends on how much flexibility you want in your routing. I like being able to send 4 voices to (potentially) 4 different tracks in the Octatrack. I think it is definitely meant for more noisy operations, but I don’t think I’d fall in that category and it still is quite pleasing.

With a Mackie, I sometimes felt frustrated having only 2 aux sends. The primary drawback to the matrix mixer is the lack of EQ, pan, and mutes (which might be addressed depending on how you set up the OT). It just boils down to what utility you feel like you ‘need’ within your setup. It’s definitely limiting in some ways, but ah, the simplicity is a wonderful thing sometimes :slight_smile:

It çan act as à FX send/ patchbay if i understand? I mean if you only have two pedal and two monosynth you çan for exemple set thé two synth in thé input. Two pedal on the output.From that you could choose which pedal affect which synth. And you çan route back in the two pedal for feedback effect. Thé two remainig output goes to thé MD output and choose which signals goes to them?? And that without psu?? Might bé great for dub no?? Strange to me its not everywhere?? Very interesting anyway

Looks very interesting/useful little box… Never seen one before but would solve a few problems here…

Ah I’ve been looking for something like that for aggggessss!

Not sure how much I need it these days but it was a constant annoyance in all my pre electron set ups!

After a much needed clean up (mainly cat fur). Here is the current home studio setup. Swapped the A4 for another OT and added a pyramid. Workflow has certainly improved. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

What’s that little screen above your pyramid?

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

It’s a Lemur.

1 Like

The Creator of the Lemur is from Bordeaux France. He created a new compagny and will launch (that’s for now yet a prototype stage but it’s close to craw funding I guess)

his idea is a modular controller with some intelligent modular silicon pieces each one can put on and off and it will be automatically recognise by the daw… there’s a chipset inside every silicon module, that’s very interesting. So in a Live or Studio configuration if you assign more than Three Modular Pieces of controls of the “Joué”, and switch from one to another midi assignation is memorised and kept… and auto-recall when the silicon piece is on the surface.

10 Likes

I’ve eventually got around to a few pics of my little bunker, and my own Tower of Power. Including a totally gratuitous semi-darkness shot :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Swan slim filters for the chunkier smoke

Heh… disappointingly for some, I don’t add anything ‘extra’ to the tobacco. I find synthesizers are enough of a trip without extra help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks well organized, the Octatrack sequences the Minitaur and the Mother?

1 Like

No Minataur - that’s the Make Noise 0-Coast. Sequenced by the MM in this case, bust it changes around - sometimes the A4, sometimes the OT. The OT sequences some other synth modules which are out of shot.

How do you get your cat to sync with your octatrack? I tried plugging my MD into my cat’s Midi-in and it totally freaked and started scratching. . . love elektron but they really need to fix this!!!:diddly:

2 Likes

This my patch for the studio, and I switch the master clock is now on the Octatrack and I replace the AK with Pro 2 from DSI.
But now I’ need a live set up, with AR, Octatrack, Pro2 and maybe the moog and streichfett.
Do you think it’s better to have the Octa with master track and clock or the AR?
And maybe it’s better if I use another midi patch bay for live to don’t ruined my studio config, which one?

2 Likes

To get your cat purring you gotta let it do its own thing. No midi plugs. :electric_plug::no_entry_sign:=:smile_cat:

and a push 2 since last week.

6 Likes

I feel like this setup is what I’ve been looking for the last 20 years. Best of everything, IMO

As hands on as it gets

Uploading…

9 Likes

3 Likes