Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Bit of an update on the Eurorack… Have started patching since this pic… Absolutely excellent. Time to peace out from these forums for a while :slight_smile: Unless I have OT questions of course…

5 Likes

my current setup… :frowning:

so stressful…watching movers pack SH-101 and my Portastudio was making my stomach turn. i can’t help but wonder how many keys, knobs, or sliders will be broken. :sob:

2 Likes

Dude… you let movers pack your synths?!? Why, why???

3 Likes

Haha. I won’t even let anyone dust my gear, let alone move it!

1 Like

international move…they can’t take anything that isn’t packed by them.
I’m going to freakin have a heart attack.

all my Elektron boxes are in one box. too much stress…holy shit.

4 Likes

As long as you packed them well or even better you have insurance then there is nothing to worry about.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t5:

They pack. I wasnt allowed. :grimacing:
I pack and it breaks…my fault.

1 Like

I moved from Europe to OZ last year. Was stressful as hell but made sure I put everything in the original boxes before being reboxed. No issues at all.

1 Like

No boxes for SH-101, Portastudio, Quadraverb, RSD-10, SE-70, S3000 :sob:

It will be fine don’t worry.

1 Like

Simple :slightly_smiling_face:

37 Likes

Great use of space. Any details where to get a shelf like that and how it attaches to the wall? I am under the stairs with my mini set up. So I do not disturb sleeping teething son in my studio upstairs.

Nice minimal setup! I’m curious how is the routing/connection of all the boxes together?

Currently it’s just DN -> A+B of the OT, OT in studio mode, so cue out to Timeline -> Big Sky -> C+D of the OT. And for sampling I use DN’s input. Track 7 as DN thru, 8 as master with some compression added. I still need to set up midi for controlling the Strymons :slight_smile:.

Setting rec trigs for live sampling the cue out into a sliced and rearranged flex machine is instant gratification!

1 Like

Thats the obvious way i think and the most flexible. I have a similar setup with my OT and Space and Nord G2. Did you consider the OT cue out to DN in to use the DN effects on OT tracks?

Hm! Might be worth trying out. Although in that setup wouldn’t having the Strymons in the same chain create a bit of a mess? I mean if I were to use the Strymons to add effects to the DN with cue, if would then feed that back to the DN and just keep layering the effects endlessly. Maybe my brain’s too fried atm to figure this out :smiley:

Yes that would be a mess with the Strymons in the same chain. I’m just wondering sometimes (in a wish for less gear) to use something like the DN’s FX (instead of my Space and in your case the Strymons). But i couldn’t find the perfect solution for it while maintaining flexibility, without brain damage :wink:

Had a lot of fun with the Octatrack last night, albeit far quieter than I’d like as the children were asleep. All the vocals and percussion are via the Octa, and it’s also sequencing a Prophet 6 and a Two Voice Pro, (pads and bass). Finally it’s also sequencing the Arp on the Deckards. Only a doodle, but you really can lose hours on this machine; it’s fast becoming my favourite machine in my studio.

5 Likes

Oh man, it is quiet - can’t wait till you can crank it up. The OT can only sequence 4 notes at a time - do you find that limiting on things like the Prophet-6 or the Deckard’s? I played with my OT last night as well, working on a 93 bpm thing that keeps changing everytime I work on it. That’s what OT does to me, hah. Love it.

1 Like

Ill probably track it when I next have a min so I can link it properly. And yeah, this was something else entirely at first too!

Re the 4 notes, not really. You can always use two separate midi tracks if needs be to send more notes - have tried and this does work. I tend to tune one oscillator an octave higher / lower too when I do pads for a bigger sound.

1 Like