Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Getting there slowly. Finally have my own space for synths. It’s been 10 days since moving in and finally I have my setup somehow in order. Still a lot of wiring to do before it all works.

33 Likes

Nice setup!
Really like the MD and MnM combo.

2 Likes

Nice, this reminded me of jamming at a friends house kitchen table with my wife and mate years ago. I noticed your user name has Swanage in it. Is that the place Swanage, Dorset? That was where I was reminded.

Tip: Logitech MX Ergo

1 Like

that’s cool, but the portability of such rigs is very limited.
that’s why i mostly switched to finger drumming.

Current state of affairs

18 Likes

for me it’s sometimes weird making music in front of the TV.

i’ve done parts of the process on the laptop on the couch w/some random syfy or anime or long weird film going on and on and it puts me in a strange state sometimes.

what’s your experience like? have you done that a lot?

1 Like

I love it! I was making beats on the OP-Z while lying on the couch watching NBA last night… the fact I can just pick something up and start creating at any time is very appealing

2 Likes

Granny used to pick her knitting needles up when watching the t.v too. :laughing:

That octatrack - digitone - digitakt line is very pleasing to the eye !

1 Like

so avoiding the sorts of namm, forums and social media?
that must be considered straight edge in our community :slight_smile:

1 Like

checked your replies for “but acoustic treatment and placement bruv!?” but found none. good.

How do you like the RV-500? Thinking about adding it do my setup for retro delays and reverbs.

1 Like

tidy. i do not doubt that you chose your gear that suits you and i also had m-audio bx8 for a long time. BUT, have you tried “at least” yamaha hs series? bx8 were like transcoding all audio to sub 128kbit mp3 in comparison. though and i’m not professional or anything like that i just want to suggest trying “at least” yamaha hs 8/9.

edit; can be that my pair were faulty but i bought new bx8 on a clearance because i only used monitor headset before that.

The HS-80’s were out of my price range at the time. I’ve had the BX8’s for about 7 years I think. I’ve contemplated getting rid of them in favor of a set of yamaha’s several times, but honestly they won’t be of much more use until I invest in proper treatment/ placement. The current layout is simply a stop gap that would end if only I could stop having to buy more hardware. :laughing:

Til that time comes, I’m very happy with how things translate from my trusty DT 880’s.

That could also very well be the case; I’ve demoed many over the years in properly treated rooms and your experience does seem a touch hyperbolic. :confused: That said, the Yamaha’s are brilliant.

2 Likes

Really love it this far. I’ve only had it since november/december so I’ve only had time to toy around with the presets, but it sounds lush and wonderful.

It is filled to the brim with options and possibilities so I guess it’s a good choice if you love really diving into menus and programming your own patches. The editor helps a lot. It’s also good as an only delay/reverb because you can get two simultaneous reverbs from it and a delay on top of that. A lot of power. I’m looking forward to adding the MD-500 to my lineup for the slicer, dimension d emulation etc.

2 Likes

as stands, though the MFB502 is going and a Digitone is inevitable. (as is a tidy-up)

14 Likes

Loaded up with old school rave, hardcore and acid house.

16 Likes

Deckards Dream… lovely. I really need to give some serious through to one of those. I had a CS-60 for many years and miss it dearly.

2 Likes

I’ve not long had it, but was lusting after one since release. A lot had to be sold to buy it! It actually arrived in the same parcel as my Octatrack - that was a good day for post.

But yes, whilst it has it’s quirks, it sounds spectacular. Has the same level of wow for me as the Oberheim Two Voice does - there’s just that extra something to it. Hard to explain really.

1 Like