Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Cool, thanks. Think im gonna have too…

They tray table looks great for the MPC and it matches the room. Making a tray table look stylish, that takes some skills. Lol. :

1 Like

Looks great. Maybe a hybrid setup in 2019?

I’m going into the box with a few select pieces of hardware in 2019 as well. I’ve been putting gear on the auctions for weeks.

1 Like

I still say screw those MKIIs. A wee space there for an SE-02 which Santa is bringing :smiley:

24 Likes

They musta sold so many keysteps. Its next on my list and its in every single photo!

1 Like

I have one, but am hoping for a Keystep Pro with knobs and sliders at NAMM. I’d definitely upgrade.

Yup I do not really sync much either. Nice to have a bit of flow. Nice setup! and sweet stand for your rytm - where did you get it please?

Sick set up - I love my black boxes too :slight_smile: and might be getting a second Heat - one for the rytm then one for the a4.

blofeld luv. also dat norddrum2, want!

id like to listen to resulting tracks from this setup :slight_smile:
extra respec on that sid station. also that eventide fx

Two Heats. Ooooooft. Glorious.

:fire:

5 Likes

oh yah! just had to sell my kaleidoloop which i’m sad about it.

i really wish they’d produce those again…they’re so expensive for what they are now :-/

1 Like

@chiasticon @acidhouseforall @rotallytuined thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. I’ve been trying to do the jam, build some parts, and then record different takes live. One of my influences is TM404 and he seems to really have that approach down, jumping all over the studio, twisting knobs, pushing buttons, etc. Looks like a lot of fun. Sounds very cool. When I try it it sounds like a train wreck. :thinking:

Hard time putting it into words. Yes, I could practice jamming for the next two years, but to what end? My goal is to write songs I enjoy listening to. Not YouTube jam videos or playing live. I already feel confident writing songs in a DAW.

I feel like too much hardware distracts me from writing songs - which is what I enjoy doing the most. Ableton + Push + a few bits of hands-on hardware is all I really need. I get past a certain point and it just feels like a distraction. More operating systems, more button combos, more menus, more routings, more manuals, etc. Just becomes a headache and slows me down.

I do like the idea of keeping some hardware around for happy accident machines and sample creation. Had a good couch session with just the DT last night. But as far as jamming out entire song “performances” on a table full of gear… well, I’m not sure that’s the route I need to go down right now. Just me probably.

2 Likes

Yep. Back to Live for 99% of my needs. Keeping some hands-on sound design tools but no more all-hardware jams for quite a while. Good luck with your auctions. It’s a nice feeling getting rid of distractions and getting “lean and mean” again.

1 Like

gotta do whatever keeps you in it and happy to continue. if that means writing with a DAW or jamming OTB, just keep at it. everyone has their own motivation/focus for how/why they want to work on music. just have to be content with yours. and just because an artist you like works one way doesn’t mean you have to do the same.

4 Likes

:radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard:

:radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard: :radioactive: :biohazard:
Wiring not complete yet, but the idea is to have a live setup that is the same as the production setup. I need analog beats, analog bass, a decent multi-timbral synth, a sampler, a sequencer, and sufficient analog compression with sidechain functionality.

Left side:
Some euro, triggered by Rytm, namely FR Transient and Jomox ModBase
Novation Circuit Monostation (severely underrated analog synth + sequencer)
Analog Rytm MKII

Right side:
Korg Radias
placeholder for my Real Nice Levelling Amplifier (for ducking) and Real Nice Compressor (for master mix)
Squarp Pyramid
ART SplitMix (passive handy tool for managing a separate sidechain bus and blending back into main mix)
Octatrack MKII

Everything affixed to these super cheap On Stage RS7030 tabletop rack stands, flipped on their backs :wink:

Ah, and the Pyramid and Art SplitMix are mounted on my secret weapon, a 19" rackmount LCD monitor mount with adjustable tilt. :nerd_face:

Below: Novation SL MKIII - hands down the best controller for a hardware/analog/euro hybrid setup

14 Likes

Thank you. Unfortunately I don’t remember where that stand came from. But I do know Reverb.com had a bunch of Elektron stands for the boxes.

Everybody works differently. Keep doing what you’re doing and your eureka moment will happen.

Like I said above, the day I gave up on midi clock and just started manually syncing my gear, the switch came on.

I’m way more productive and am actually enjoying the music I’m making

3 Likes

New addition to the fold this week in the form of the Novation SL61 Mk3 as my master keyboard…

I need to do a bit more synth-tetris in my studio, but after a quick initial shuffle it fits like a glove…

Going to have to make room for a few other things in the not-too-distant, as I’m definitely going to be getting the Behringer Pro-One, plus another module that I can’t talk about yet (NDA), then I can rack all those up into one big semi-modular plaything…

I’m also planning to pick up a Digitone over the holiday season, which will be front & centre on the same shelf as the other Elektron boxes. Plus, I backed the Craftsynth 2 and Pipes on Kickstarter, so those will arrive some time next year too…

I think I’ll probably end up taking the Radias back off it’s keyboard to free up some module space as I have a couple of other 19" units (JV2080 and Wavestation SR) too.

15 Likes