Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Agreed, or if it is possible, it is fleeting.
All it takes is one NAMM or Musikmesse announcement to make one reconsider everything.

For me, replacing the dopamine response from obtaining the new shiny with the dopamine response from creating my own new shiny (tunes) is a difficult but necessary practice. It takes a bit more work, but I look back at the tracks I made years ago with more appreciation than I have for the tools I used to create them.

15 Likes

It is certainly a question of personal taste. But when I play space is usually really an issue, most venues are only prepared to host DJs who bring their MP3 files. I can put aside a Pioneer CDJ and have room for the “old” Analog Rytm and the Digitakt. Imagine the space you need with two or three mk2 units! When I travel I can easily fit three mk1 in a Magma DJ Riot backpack, there is still space for a little mixer. No way this would fit with the large mk2s.

1 Like

Get some decent speakers before buying more synths.

2 Likes

Updated pedalboard setup. Missing the strymon okai that will power the 5 pedals but giving the wallet a breather. (Especially since i haven’t moved the board from this very spot for weeks).

Sold the ju-06 and got an op1 (3rd time’s the charm). Op1 goes into the mobius, which is underrated but fantastic. Apart from choruses etc it has a great lo Fi engine, filters, etc…and it is stereo. That goes into the brigadier, (which is the capistan’s bastard stepbrother but i prefer the sound) and last in yhe chainbis the bigsky. All stereo. Normally i have the op1 connected but i can just unplug it and plug in a guitar or my rev2 into it. Loads of fun.

31 Likes

He has KRKs, whats wrong with them?

1 Like

Very true!

Honestly, I can’t even remember how I got a lot of sounds in my songs unless I open a DAW file and look at track names. At the time it seems so important - got to use one of these for a good bass. Have to have this synth for the lead, etc. A few months after release I’ve forgotten what I used, and can’t “guess the synth” in the track unless it’s something really obvious. Sometimes I think - “man, I miss my Juno or whatever, now I can’t get that sound anymore”. But, then I open the DAW file and it was Diva or a TAL vst, etc.

Point is, I agree. Songs matter most to me as well, not what tools I used to produce them. Someone told me recently that they think of producing songs and the gear hunt as two related but ultimately separate hobbies. I can see that in my own musical behavior/history/productivity as well.

5 Likes

Yeah more gear for me means less output becaus i feel that i am under using something and force it. That’s why i got rid of most of my gear.

I’m incredibly gas free at the moment. Hopefully that lasts but i hardly use anything but my ipad and octatrack board. Down to 1 electric and 1 acoustic guitar and one uke. used to have about 10 guitars and “gasp” have gas about different color configurations. Only hardware synth i have is the rev2 which i truly love,…but i hardly power it on.

2 Likes

this pretty much looks like my studio condition most of the time, a little chaos theory

Bedtime setup

15 Likes

34 Likes

Pugs RULE!

1 Like

Where have you found the Beatsteps for sale in black?

Yea, he’s the best !

A real dog chills next to his portrait. Pug life, yo.

3 Likes

Black Edition

Mine was delivered within 2 days

3 Likes

You might not have heard, but Arturia have just recently reissued the Keystep and Beatsteps in black so they’re widely available again.

4 Likes

Can I ask in a forward fashion - what it’s like to listen/mix in this space (loft I take it)?

1 Like

27"…my eyesight became pretty Bad…and it was only 79€ more for me than the 21,5" Model with the same specs.

18 Likes

Definitely hadn’t heard, thanks!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like