Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Nice. I’ve been wanting to get some random rack effects to.use with my OT since some of the effects are pretty weak.

Mine so far, still in progress :yum:

14 Likes

I took my 5 year old into a music shop in Dublin recently - tried to get him to play with a Sub37, but he just ran off and found a piano. Couldn’t drag him away! Bought a piano for him when we got back to Oslo, and although he occasionally likes a play on the Minilogue, the piano is his thing. Love the way he explores it - he’s discovered lots of chords himself, and attempts to play along to Divine Comedy songs! Been considering finding him a teacher, but I also don’t want to spoil his explorations, discovering everything himself. We jam together now, me on bass, him playing lots of random chords - really need to record this at some point!
I do try to keep him away from the OT though :smile:

12 Likes

I love this story. Thank you for sharing it.

I was very excited about the 5 minutes my 2.5 year old spent with me trying to sound out “Frere Jacques” on my Reface DX. His attention span is so short, but I’m still considering getting a cheap Casio because he loves banging on keys!

1 Like

Not all of my setup, but the important bits!

24 Likes

My livesetup for years to come is now totally complete with the addition of digitone. So stoked! The digitone is incredible so far and really adds the final piece to my livesetup. Next week its first try-out :). I’m thinking about recording a video some time about how I use this setup exactly as well.

66 Likes

1000% looking forward to both of those videos ;-D

6 Likes

From this…

To this…

No point having a fancy setup in the back room if I never get to use it without compromising my family life. Spent the last few days messing about with the DT in the living room, got on so well I’ve moved the DN in as well for moral support. Gonna see how I go with keeping it simple, all the stuff I was making before with all the kit was too cluttered and busy. This month is all about creative limitations (although these are two pretty versatile little limitations to be working with…)
I’m hoping to put together a little minimal set for performing live, if only to an audience of myself and 8 blokes on the internet.

23 Likes

Please do - I’ve been enjoying seeing your creative use of these machines!

2 Likes

Looks brilliant! What’s that case?

1 Like

Now this I AM looking forward to ! Good luck with the first sailing of the Mothership…:heat:

2 Likes

Yes! Video please

2 Likes

Sick setup, cant wait to see some vids and hear some tunes!

1 Like

For when I’m lucky enough to get 20 minutes… :smiley:

9 Likes

5 Likes

Thank god for this topic, i could convince my wife finally that it is not as bad as it seems, there are far more worst cases of GAS out there … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well here is my 2m2 setup…Rytm II, Digitone, Maschine mk III, Push2, Acces Virus TI2, Moog Sub 37 and not on this picture the Arutia Maxibrute, Krk VXT 8 and the Native Audio a10 for my ins and out…

Most recent buy i is the 34 inch widescreen curved monitor.

Aslo is this room is my djsetup, A&H db4, 2 x Xone k2, 2x Native kontrol D2…

Wishlist: Analog Rytm, Analog Heat, Octatrack…

2 Likes

Google for ‘Gorilla gc-ldjc case’ :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind responses fella’s!

Looks very professional! Do you want to share your midi setup? How is all midi and sound connected?

Thanks in advance, Dave

1 Like

I sold my mpc live and bought a digitakt because of bad sequencer on the mpc so I would love to read about your reasons/needs. For me, the lack of easy CC automation edition was unbearable.

Thanks Peter.
DT 1, DT2, and DN go into DB4 input 1, 2, and 3. Because of the input matrix of the DB4 I can freely assign them to any channel I want or multiples. DB4 output goes through Analog Heat.

Midi is pretty basic for now, DT1 acts as master clock for DT2, and DT2 as master clock for the Digitone. (DB4 has no midi in/out). In the future I want to start using midi tracks to control various things on all devices. Like controlling all reverb / delays from all three devices on 1 page for instance. But that’s something for future endeavors as I’m in the proces to master this current setup first.

3 Likes