Your setups [ 10k Archive]

The photo ratio (preview) makes all that gear look cute and chunky! The G2 looks great all squished!
Great collection there…

2 Likes

Sadly that G2 is little more than a G2 Engine at this point. Maybe even less. It is a prototype, not a production model and I accidentally scrambled its brain with an update that was meant for the production model but not the prototype. The hardware interface has been screwy ever since. I can still use it, but the front panel is only partially functioning. The keys and bender still work, though, as does all of the IO. Unfortunately, there is no one at Clavia who can help, and I haven’t got the heart (or lack thereof) to ditch it.

2 Likes

Impressive collection! Must be a relief to have it all setup and cabled.

1 Like

It is quite a relief to have everything up and running. It has been a torturous two months, to say the least. Though it can be a real chore to get this stuff all cabled up, once it’s done, it’s all fairly accessible. I keep the most important stuff connected to half-normaled audio patchbays and a pair of MIDI patchbays behind the rack. In this way, the most important and most often used things are always running into the Zed mixer for instant use. The connections can be broken with a patch cable if I need to route something else into that channel. My Elektron stuff occupies the first block of mixer channels - they are always ready to go!

5 Likes

Work in progress

3 Likes

Been focusing on this.

19 Likes

I’ve always wanted a Cocoquantus. Looks like a really fun mix of tools :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man, feel for you. I have the Engine myself and think my world may well collapse if anything happened to it. Sorry I’m not helping :frowning:️!

What a situation.
Even all the other gear can’t take that pain away…
Sorry fella.

1 Like

Luckily it still basically works as an expanded G2 engine (even the expansion card is a prototype, incompatible with the production G2!), so there is plenty I can do with it. Between the sentimental attachment I have to this particular unit and the fact that hey’ve gone up in price so much, I can’t bear to replace it. And it still does the job… pretty much! It’s just a shame about the interface. It is such a great design that it’s hard to accept that mine can’t be taken advantage of.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m not sure what this means, but I am going to accept it as a compliment…

quote form the show “Silicon Valley.”

1 Like

(note to self: must watch more shows that don’t involve spaceships or people in capes)

3 Likes

Amazing! Do you have any links to your stuff? I’d love to hear what that rig sounds like!

Unfortunately, there’s not a lot out there now that I’ve ditched my Soundcloud page. My music has been released under the name Christus and the Cosmonaughts by a label called Beta-lactam Ring Records. It’s kinda dark psychedelic art/prog/rock. The label’s activity has slowed to a crawl lately (I am not even sure if the records can be ordered now, though at least one is still available digitally on iTunes, Amazon, etc). Many of the releases were limited art editions and are likely sold out. Alas, I am not sure when the most recent album ('And Now I’m Seeing Red") will be released. It’s been sitting on the shelf for years now. If the label doesn’t step up soon, I’ll probably put it out myself. This was but one of many releases that have been put on hold until the label either gets back to regular business or I decide to do something else with it.

Because of the label’s recent lack of activity, I am once again exploring ways to put out my stuff. I’ve been working on a tape-based cassette album/art release lately, featuring loads the gear that you see in those photos. I’m currently working on a video for a lengthy track from that album, which will be released on my YouTube channel soon.

I’ve also appeared on a number of albums by experimental act Armchair Migraine Journey, featuring fellow label mates Ty Hodson, Randall Frazier (of Orbit Service), and Edward Ka-Spel (of The Legendary Pink Dots and Tear Garden)

In any event, here’s my band’s website:
http://cosmonaughts.com/music.php

The label’s page for the last LP, with clips:
http://www.blrrecords.com/prod/1684/from_atop_this_hill.html

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/christus-the-cosmonaughts/278076696

Some very brief video clips and one long live instrumental:
http://cosmonaughts.com/media.php
(the trailers for the last - and so far unreleased LP - obviously turned out to be overly-optimistic about the release date. Maybe it’ll come out by the time Overbridge does!)

I also have a few synth-based berlin-school style tunes on my YouTube channel. Now that I am getting settled in my new home, I can get back to work and get some new stuff up soon, I hope!

10 Likes

Awesome! I’m really looking forward to checking it out. Thanks!

2 Likes

Current holiday setup:

Cheers :beers:
:cool:

33 Likes

If you blow the can, you can get a nice tone, if it’s done in the right way. The more you drink, the deeper the tone will become and the more you might enjoy your play … Cheerioohh … :upside_down:

2 Likes

Best period to be in Greece, lucky you !

2 Likes

Nice sunsetup !
Where in Greece ? (I worked 6 months in Evia island). :wink:

3 Likes