Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Kinky stuff for tonight eh…

I like the idea here that you dont have a desk to work at when on the computer. you just pull PUSH in front of you and work away.

1 Like

A few small updates to the setup. I’m pretty happy with it overall. Might need a new mixer or an interface with more IO soon, but otherwise it’s working out nicely.

9 Likes

kerplop, here’s my current setup. just behind it is a monstrosity of kid toys. i’ll name all the gear below the pic.

so 3 big sequencers, mnm, digitakt, and carbon. they’re pushed by the multiclock. i also feed the ob6 sequencer but never use it. i’ve a keystep under the table for controlling the auto channel on all 3 sequencers, but once i record i typically stash it to get more space with my keyboard tray.

the qupac/ar84 take the noise and spits it into bitwig. then mix further / arrange and record thru stereo comp (rms755) into the da3000 as dsd.

the rest are as follows:

norddrum2
adx1
ob6
blofeld
biscuit
bim
(and soon to be boum)
kaleidoloop to get some grit into my samps
monome 256
and a launchcontrol that doesn’t get used enough

also, a bunch of midi mergers/thru boxes behind it all.

cheers y’all

13 Likes

that is a really smart rig. excellent use of space.

1 Like

Currently Elektron-free (A4 packed in its box).
So glad I got the ND2 back and the Rocket is a very quick and super flexible little thing, I’m sampling for days.

5 Likes

My wee ‘studio’ space. It’s crammed into a tiny corner of our kitchen, in an alcove, though the wide angle lens makes it look a lot bigger than it is.

I have to constantly move stuff about depending on what gear I’m using at the time, so there’s a shelf just out of view to the left where I keep other bits and pieces (Digitakt, Monome, etc)

My dream is to have a dedicated room with natural light. Some day…

18 Likes

no plans for bam to go with the rest of the b’s?

the qupac reverbs have me covered, but maybe one day when i get more desk real estate.

1 Like

An un-setup. New house, new room and gear and cable boxes strewn all over the house. Just sold the Digitakt, so that’s one less piece to set up. Unfortunately, the ceiling is too low for my five rows of modular synth. I am going to have to figure something out for that.

6 Likes

is this boxing up or unboxing?

we’re moving this summer and i’ve been promised my own music room, so excited!

1 Like

This photo is in the new room, so unboxing. This room may be temporary. We are renting, but if we like the place enough, we might buy it and then I may convert the huge (bigger than the actual house) detached garage into my studio.

1 Like

woah, the garage is larger than the house??

1 Like

@Scot_Solida

You get no sympathy from me, you have only yourself to blame :grinning:

Just kidding, congrats with the new house :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah - but the house itself isn’t huge. It was built for a business, I suspect. There are three rooms: one unfinished room for two cars and space to spare, another big and finished room (but with a concrete floor) that used to be a wood-shop and a smaller room inside that one with a big window looking out onto the main room. It already looks like a studio and the former wood-shop has a lovely reverberation. Unfortunately, there is no heat or air-conditioning, so I’d have to put something in. Also, I am in tornado alley, so prefer my studio to be underground…

that’s awesome, i’m looking forward to no longer being in the kids’ playroom.

1 Like

My favorite setup I’ve had over the years is my current one. Prophet + A4 + AR + DIY modular. I recently added an analog heat and a reface DX also which completely filled out the space of sounds that I want.

edit: forgot to mention a very crucial component of the whole thing: STROM and SDS Drop.

10 Likes

3 Likes

After receiving the Yammy CP I’m going minimal with the P.O.33 but my furry daughter has other ideas…

12 Likes

5 Likes