Your setups [ 10k Archive]

5 Likes

I use many many apps on the ipad. I love it and i‘ve decided to make music with ios because of the limitations. PC/MAC DAWs are cool and i know ableton very well, but all the functions and possibilities are tending to overburden me. I‘m more of a hardware guy and i love live jamming.
On the ipad i use aum for all the routing, lot of synths, some effects and drone/granual synthesizers like idensity and soundscaper. I also use step sequencers which i „record“ into the digitakt: that is helping me to improvise and create more random stuff.
Connection: audio over rubix 44 (i exchanged the 22 for the bigger one) and midi directly over usb lightning adapter via usb hub.
Sorry for my bad english. I‘m half german half italian and very tired :wink:

16 Likes

My setup 2 days ago :rofl:

Added the following to this setup. Sub 37, Minitaur, DFAM.
Have the Minitaur and DFAM running through the OT as well as the 2 Avalons.

Can’t believe it all works. DFAM is kind of quirky and goes out of time sequenced with CV from the A4 here and there.

Printed all the receipts and printed pictures and added all of it to the insurance policy today.

I call this the LOL Box. I know, it’s gonna catch on fire, I know. But I’ve been using this for months. No fire yet.

17 Likes

I can dig that. Small and compact setup. Minimal wires.

that mounting system at “couch level” is so f*ing great! And i absolutely love the LOL-Box, a great and simple idea.

Everything is plugged in. Everything works (including AR and AK MKi OB). I’ve been able to sync the DT through midi via Ableton (with a Komplete 6 soundcard) by using the channel delay to compensate for latency, but it took a careful listen to get it proper.

I record the PSS-470 (top keyboard rack) through the Yamaha mixer/AK effects into the DT because it is a lot of fun. I’ve got other things that make noise, but this one caught my fancy recently.

I also have an extension out from Ableton to a “broken” tape deck beneath the desk that I return through the AK effects (via the Yamaha mixer) into the DT. The tapehead and an amplifier circuit are busted so it adds a ton of saturation and slows/pitches the recording down. A lot of fun. I want to get as many sounds out of it before it fails completely.

3 Likes

It’s custom made by a flightcase builder.
The rack ears on the Dreadbox case I made myself.

Thanks for the info man :wink:

We demand some musical linkage!

This is my type of setup

ALL I NEED…

11 Likes

I really should just break down and get a JP-8080. I’ve wanted one since The Matrix came out.

1 Like

Well, whenever I post stuff on here, my thumbs downs increases by 80% LOL
Here’s a video, without the new stuff. DFAM, Minitaur, Sub37.
Disclaimer : I’m pretty much done with videos on Youtube. Tired of all the shit comments out of jealousy. I’ve only been at this a year and I’m lucky to have the stuff even working and integrated together.

16 Likes

Vimeo

3 Likes

I know how you feel. I once posted something on YouTube which got over a thousand views in a few days. I was pretty proud of it until a commenter decided to write an entire paragraph telling me how I ‘didn’t deserve’ those views because my music wasn’t up to their standards.

There’s so much negativity online. Whenever I see someone clearly having fun with some music gear I could never downvote it, even if it wasn’t my cup of tea.

9 Likes

I’ve been full of hatred and jealousy for 47 years. I can’t do it anymore.

5 Likes

Got a nice dual stand on the way. Really thinking about the mk2 octatrack… Those balanced ins.

Very very happy with my little sonic kingdom.

Edit: and if you are wondering what that hole is for:

2d

8 Likes

I believe with that attitude (now missing in your reply but I saw it :wink:) absolutely anything you wish to do in this world is possible, as long as you keep telling yourself you can, it is only when we tell ourselves we can’t or declare my life is like “x” that we start to define it as so… We shape our own realities. It’s both the most simple and the most difficult thing to perceive…

Off topic? I don’t think so seeing how “you” is a very important part of “your setup”… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I deleted it, figured people didn’t want to hear it. Most people don’t believe that your consistent state of consciousness creates your reality. I get nothing but hateful negative comments, especially on the video I posted above. I delete most of it. Just jealous people. I use to get jealous, but instead, I now focus on what I want and steam roller anything that gets in the way. I have the rig above because I obsess over what I want.

3 Likes

People say all sorts of crazy negative stuff on here…

I get to me my overly positive spiritual self if I want to… :slight_smile:

3 Likes