Your setups [ 10k Archive]

:smile:

Woah, that’s a lot of modular. Must be fun if a little overwhelming…

Here’s mine :

8 Likes

I went eurorack route recently as well and i find those two to work nicely together.
I decided to separate creative process and kept mixer and monitors in the studio room.
Much less clutter and the ability to just quickly hop into the project makes it much more fun now.

10 Likes

Yes, it’s a lot of headache LOL
You seem having fun too.

1 Like

Not seen in this pic, the 40kg of cables with which to patch modularsaurus rex…

:star_struck:

1 Like

How do you like your Shapeshifter? :grin:

I picked it up rather recently so I definitely haven’t had the time to take advantage of its bottomless sonic possibilities but so far I do find the interface intuitive, there’s really no menu diving, it’s actually pretty hands on despite the screen. I bought it mainly because I wanted to be able to have chords in my rack; and this it does wonderfully. Really nice, lush beautiful chords that are a joy to filter and rough up a little in the MMF6 (Filter with overdrive). I will go back to the tutorial videos on youtube to have a better grasp and use more the more “complicated things” it can do.

It’s really not a module I though I would eventually get… but then again I would never have though my modular would take this route. After some selling and exchanging it’s really where I want it to be. It is versatile, it’s fun, with a clear layout and a flow that make it really feel like a beautiful instrument to me.

The latest addition in this is the TB-03 which I got a couple days ago (and sold a Mother 32 I wasn’t using too much anymore). It plays so good with the modular and you can’t beat the fun of a 303 really. Put its through the MMF6 for some grit and filtering, then though the El-Cap, multiply the signal and put it through Rings… instant mind expansion.

2 Likes

I have recently bought this module me too and try to find a good way to use it.
As you said it sounds really deep with chords mode and there are many good tutorials teaching how to use it and explaining all functions :slight_smile:
I’m gonna try more noodling patch!

must be nice to spend 60k+ on eurorack

2 Likes

If you got them smoke um!

1 Like

oh for sure no doubt

My place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

'em is actually decently hard to say on it’s lonesome or at the end of a word, so I was typing how I’d say it! Being born in the NW corner of the States has a funny way of softening the words that come out of my mouth.

1 Like

That all said, I added another horse to the stable this month and it’s been a real blast modulating everything.

(Prophet 12)

9 Likes

adding another toy shortly. Thinking a mono synth maybe Moog Subsequent, Matrixbrute or Dave Smith pro 2

2 Likes

Coin toss between any of those! Tough decision!

8 Likes

How are those being propped up?

I use the foam from the original boxes. It rips apart into these perfect little rectangular squares which prop the units up perfectly. Take that foam with me everywhere haha. Guess u gotta commit to letting go of your box foam tho, which, for me, was easy… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have other stuff, but this pretty much lives on my living room couch. Just one extension cord out.

6 Likes