Your setups [ 10k Archive]

i was trying to figure out a way to use the ADDA converter from the DA3000 to output my daw audio, but wasn’t able to crack it.

so!

i went with your advice and found an apogee duet 2 for $70 on eBay…waited a week for one to drop below $300, but voila, i scored!!

so i’ll be recording it’s output for when i multitrack, nomo DA from the qupac :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ve done some room-switching within the family. I got a new room for music and video.

12 Likes

Hey, there!

So, you (and @AdamJay) are using the Qu-pac to get audio into your DAW and then using something else (duet2) to get audio out? I’m curious about this. I sold an apogee duet 2 a couple years ago.

Yes. Exactly.

^ what he said…the qupac is grand for the number inputs you get and the ease of routing it offers.

1 Like

yeah, i have the Qu’, too, but i’m still using it for outs as well.

1 Like

my chain typically is as follows:

gear > qu > daw > rms755(stereo comp) > da3000(stereo recorder)

Hey, what cameras are you using for your videos?

Canon EOS - 760D and 7DMK2. Standard DSLRs.

1 Like

My current setup - ditched the laptop more or less for the time being. Use it as a multi track when needed now. Next up is a 303 clone of some kind, a Heat and a bigger mixer (Mackie 1202VLZ I think…) then some more modular bits.

15 Likes

Very happy with my current rig.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Here’s a thing that’s everywhere and kinda puzzles me:
How come so many people buy the super expensive delay and or reverb pedals like h9 etc. but I don’t see many people with high end drive or other effects in these pictures?

is the analog heat not considered high end?

1 Like

Oh for sure, I wasn’t speaking just about that one pic, more a general observation I guess. I tend to use drive and filtering otb and time based and modulation itb personally is all.

millions of ways to skin a cat these days… besides… sometimes the lowfi cheap distortion is just the thing :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting that so many people seem to have the modor nf-1/m synth. Is it that great?

constantly being changed up…

29 Likes

i love seeing people concentrate items down to what they need … combine a couple of nice useful items with a brain full of ideas and abletons brilliant workflow capabilities and youre onto a winner.

3 Likes

Crikey, I think you’re the first person I’ve actually seen with the Arturia Origin in the wild!

1 Like