Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Looks good. Roland should get round and do a photo shoot.

Ha, yeah I never intended to get so much new Roland gear, but the way it all works together clicks with me, the Aira link and boutiques/mx1 combo helps me to do away with a lot of cable clutter, 1 USB cable for power, midi and audio, nice and simple. There is also a Sytem500 and Aira FX module setup not in the shot.

Back at you x100! Quite a euro setup there :heart_eyes:

Once I have everything setup I will post some more pics. I love seeing other people’s setups, both for inspiration and out of curiosity, I tend to struggle with too much gear finding the best way to configure it all, but I think I might have finally cracked it, time will tell :loopy:

2 Likes

Got my Fraction Industries double Heat/Digitakt stand today.
Im very pleased :slight_smile:

12 Likes

The MX-1 initially appealed to me, but one of the things I liked about the TR-8 was all the individual outs over USB, which I could aggregate with my interface. Losing those going via the MX-1 is a bit of a shame, but it all depends what your multi-tracking requirements are.

Oh, the small Modor is the same as the big one, just the knobs missing right ? 600€ is not too expensive.

Yes the MX-1 seems to be best suited to the single sound aira link products like the modules, boutique synths and aira synths, for the TR-8 and TR-09 and forthcoming TR-08 it would have been nice if they had thought out the designs a bit more WRT routing individual sounds and the MX-1. For me a workaround is to sample the parts from the drums that I might want eq’d or effected into the OT or DT, not ideal but gets the job done.

Another slight annoyance of the MX-1 is that the midi received via the din connector cannot be routed to the aira USB midi, I asked for this to be added in an update so hopefully it may change in the future given that Roland seem committed to the boutique range.

Oh and the PC and digital ports would have been better as regular inputs I think or at least the choice, for the digital I use A/D converter, but the PC ports remain useless to me as no DAW.

2 Likes

I never owned a BIG Modor but from what ive read its the same everything just less knobs and a bit menu diving.
Im not a BIG fan of menu diving but the small Modor is not comlicated just straight forward and i love the sound from it…strange and digital in my opinion but i a really awesome way…a keeper.

My latest status :

23 Likes

Nice modern set up. Good to go!

2 Likes

Tx for the compliments…took me enough years to get where i am now… Kept only the hardware which clicked the most with me.

I still love it to death…especially with all the filters which are available. Use it alot of times for my basslines due to the fact it sounds so clean and low. (real bass speaker rumbler)

It seems mostly connected to brands which i cannot fit in the soundscape i have in mind. These were Korg, Roland and Waldorf synths.

1 Like

Great setup :thumbsup: … How is the MPC-X?

1 Like

Up until now very happy with it…my last MPC was a 5000…so this is in my opinion a good step upwards…

No bugs or glitches yet…

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good to hear. Have my MPC 5K still on duty, but consider to switch to the X.

1 Like

MPC X. Nice.

Run out of space now. Checking into GAS rehab.

21 Likes

Latest little addition to the studio…

As soon as the Monologue was released I just knew I had the perfect home for it… It’s almost like that little shelf on the Radias was designed for it eh?

I thought so, it was clearly fate and hence I had no choice but to buy one…

And of course, five minutes later and the obligatory weekly studio re-arrange, I had a whole corner of silver Korg goodness…

:slight_smile:

14 Likes

Very very nice :+1:

1 Like

Bit of a temporary home in the attic bedroom at the mo whilst I redecorate my downstairs office / studio space. Couple of things not in this pic (TR8, Micron) but this is most of the hardware rig…

7 Likes