Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Thank you very much, that requires a decent amount of time! I prepare another 1h set at the moment and hope to record it end of july.

1 Like

Not at all! I would not know which modules to buy at the moment, I am happy with the setup as it is. Actually I have a lot of equipment borrowed to friends of mine, a lot will never be returned because I don´t need it and they are happy using it. Mostly midi controllers, analog mixers and “utilities”. By the way I forgot the best part of my setup: my cable-locker!

3 Likes

I’m really wary of lending stuff out to friends after I had a really negative experience. Friend had a couple of (cheap) controllers of mine for a few months, I eventually ask for them back, he says “oh, sorry, I thought I told you, my place got robbed and they took your stuff”. I expected him to offer to replace them, but wasn’t too surprised when he didn’t, as he’s broke. This was fine with me, shit happens.

What wasn’t fine was when a few months later I saw him playing a show with one of the units in question, and when confronted he said that it hadn’t been stolen at all, he had just misplaced it. Jog on pal.

2 Likes

Why the MK1 Wogglebug?

That person wasn’t a friend…

4 Likes

Beautiful! Arm rests from mixingtable.com?

Yep. (I’m the owner of mixingtable)

2 Likes

Was wondering, are you thinking about updating to MK2 units? As I have the same machines as yours, would like to know from other users about upgrading.

Nah, maybe way down the line.
A couple years back I really committed to having the Dark Trinity, and very little else.
I told myself, “I’m gonna make an album with just this.”
Still working on that, and totally happy with my rig.
I love new gear, but I don’t GAS much anymore.
If anything, I’ll end up getting the Malekko trinity next, and making an album on that.
IF, Elektron releases some kind of crazy replacement in the “new trinity,” and Cenk starts putting out bad ass demos, it’s gonna get me yearning for sure.
If down the line, my current boxes start falling apart or something, maybe I’ll get the MKII’s
Should be plenty of second hand ones for sale by then.
That Malekko trinity looks like it will sit perfectly on top of my current case, so there’s that too.

1 Like

Hopefully Malekko will be doing full blown demos at Namm too.

1 Like

The Malekko boxes look nice and promising, but dont know what they sound like.

There’s a few demos posted over at Muff Wigglers. SQUEALCHY as hell. Malekko makes solid stuff, I trust it’ll be a smash, covering territory Elektron doesn’t.

However that OTMKII 4xWhite SlimPhattys is kinda calling me.

Lovely room and setup. I also use the Neumanns. Great monitors. Maybe you could just build 2 small 500x500x100mm frames stuffed with rock wool and covered with material to sit just behind the monitors ? That’s would make a big difference I reckon

Hats off, friend - amazing quality products you’re creating! I’ve had my eye on several of your products and hope to be able to purchase further on.

2 Likes

The postman made my day.
From Japan my combo finally arrived after waiting for months.
Happy sequencing😁

9 Likes

There is not that much difference between V1 and V2 and this was cheap so I grabbed it (I also prefer the MN grey to their black modules). It really does give some lovely fluttering randomness but despite this it’s always on my for sale list when I need to raise some GAS funds. Maybe I need to reassess that.

My humble wee setup here. You can shove your MKIIs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

21 Likes

E.M.P.T.Y.I.N.G.
Excessive Material Product Transgressive Yield Is Now Going
:ecstatic:

1 Like

Nice to see you post here! Love your work @phelios have listened to your sessions on youtube more than once <3