Your Setups (Part 2)

What stand are you using for DT/DN/Nymphes?

1 Like

Thomann Roadworx stand. You can also just buy one half of it which is handy if you only need one row.

2 Likes

Canā€™t really tell from the picture, but is the top shelf offset so the cables from the bottom shelf gear flow underneath it? Can that be adjusted?

Yep thereā€™s an offset so all cables going into the DT/DN are behind the top stand. Itā€™s tight though, the cables arenā€™t touched but you have to plug in/remove them from the back with the gear in place.
I donā€™t own any but I did read some reviews online saying that the outputs on the large Elektron boxes (Octa in particular) canā€™t fit so your mileage may vary

1 Like

Yep. The way the outputs and inputs are stacked on the Octatrack prevents it from being at the lower shelf.

Shame itā€™s not offset more. Thereā€™s similar products that seem to be compatible but theyā€™re more than double the price.

The Headliner

Thereā€™s also the Ultimate Support MDS-100

4 Likes

Some arty bollocks.
Iā€™ll probably change it.

Today you get complimentary Volcas when you fly in business:

What a time to be alive!

14 Likes

The Octatrack can actually sit perfectly fine at the lower part of a Roadworx stand. Use these cables: https://www.thomann.de/ebs_pcf_dls58s_dlx_flat_trs_new.htm

3 Likes

How on earth do you fit 8 cables there? Which way are those angled plugs facing?

Iā€™ve used one of these cables for OT headphone out and I think source rightfully skeptical. If I remember correctly, it kinda blocked the regular imputes. Definitely thought they wouldnā€™t be optimal for using them on all in/outputs. Not 100% sure though as I think I didnā€™t need all of the inputs and outputs at the time and didnā€™t try these cables on all of them. But they can get in the way quickly if you bend them, they kinda block the headphone and volume controls on my 18i8 front for example.

Yo
New patterns
Are comings?!

7 Likes

They are angled both forwards and backwards as you can see in the image with 4 of the cables sticking out towards the front (and 4 behind it towards the back). Works great and since the cables are flat they stack neatly.

1 Like

I donā€™t have much space anymore/at the moment so most of the time itā€™s only the OT there. But this pm I experimented and tested a few things with the Erebus as well to prepare for my next project :slight_smile: so this was the setup.

14 Likes

Having fun mapping the Intech controllers to the AR

26 Likes

I love how you integrated the patchbay into the desk.

3 Likes

that MC-303 looks to be close to a trash can or dumpster. which is exactly where it belongs. send it home!

How did you connect the intech to AR ?

Edit : iā€™m interested in a controller for AR, but cheaper than Faderfoxā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

Atm via my audio interface, because it only sends out midi over usb. Iā€™m going to try my old Retrokits rk005 though, and see if I can create a totally standalone setup that way.

1 Like

Lol.

This morning, Iā€™ve sampled all the Drums from my MC-303.

1 Like