Your Setups (Part 1)

the “built into walls” set ups in studios are actually soffit mounted and those are built out from the actual wall w/bass traps or foam insulation around them and behind them. those are typically “mains” and then the nearfields sit on the console. but many smaller studios just do the soffit mounted mid/near filed monitors.

there’s some good build info on line if you are looking to soffit mount monitors. so, there’s like a false wall.

soffit

7 Likes

Where did the chord chart come from?

Just scroll up!

1 Like

Love the h1n very underrated recorder but it does exactly what I need and I use it for everything

1 Like

Have an old h4n - but it’s super useful as a portable field recorder, harddisk recorder and audiointerface!

1 Like

First public office hours of the term.

13 Likes

24 Likes

I’m using Reaper as an ITB mixer and FX racks. Thinking of grabbing a MF Twister to control sends and fx params, but I’m pretty much maxed for room (look at my poor Geode perched up on his side). Basically down to to that little strip where the MM2 is sitting for my J rolling area

13 Likes

I forgot you had the ACL and Komplex. do you not have them out all the time?

they’re not in this pic you posted this past week:

also I frequently confuse you with @tumulishroomaroom because you both have the Airbase and excellent Verbos setups. :rofl:

10 Likes

New big dog and didnt have a desk was not a good combo. So had most my stuf put in storage

1 Like

Just finished setting this up!

46 Likes

27 Likes

An experiment.

My wife and I have been working from home (office jobs) for over a year now, so we had to dedicate a room upstairs to that. I had my music setup downstairs in a corner of the living room, but it wasn’t very comfortable sitting on the arm of a sofa to use it, plus I only had by 13" MacBook screen to work on.

Got a new 27" monitor for upstairs, for work but also for photography, so I decided to move the Mac and the music setup up there too. I can switch between my work Windows laptop and my MacBook for music/photography. I built a very rough angled shelf for the M:S, M:C and the LaunchKey Mini out of MDF. I think I’ll build a better one out of oak. I’ve a Logitech Craft typing keyboard on the way, which will help with switching between the PC and Mac. I’m interested to see if the dial thing on it is any use in Logic.

The table is very narrow, and I’m sitting in a tight alcove, so there’s not much room, and I’ve had to temporarily sacrifice a Skulpt and a MiniBrute 2 order to fit this much on the desk. Plan is to move house later this year, so hopefully I’ll have a bit more space for a proper desk and full setup then.

Forgot to mention. I didn’t do this before because with all the work setup in that room, there wasn’t enough power sockets for the Mac and the synth setup. But the new monitor delivers power over USB-C to my MacBook, and it has a USB hub, which I’ve got the M:S and M:C powered off using barrel jack to USB cables. The Audfuse is connected directly to the MacBook and running on USB power. The LaunchKey Mini, M:S and M:C are then all connected by USB to the Audiofuse. So I was able to add the Mac, audio interface, both Models and the midi keyboard without using any extra power sockets at all.

16 Likes

Really cool setup. I like how you have the obligatory DX7 and then your DN on top of it. Are those modules in your modular using tubes?

1 Like

My quarantine kit

34 Likes

How are you mounting the md&ot?

I’ve just connected them with brackets to two bits of wood. The whole thing (MD, OT and planks of wood) fit neatly inside an old case I had. Nothing fancy really.
Thinking of building a version 2.0 sometime, I might use aluminum instead of wood.

5 Likes

why the tape on the screens to block the names of the machines? is it distracting on stage or something? also what’s happening with the lower half of your OT screen? looks broken or glitched out or something… (hope not!)

OT screen is fine, thankfully! iphone camera must have caused some interference.

I’ve blocked a few things with tape. First to go were those constantly blinking BPM lights… As for the names, not seeing them somehow makes me feel the boxes are more like “instruments” and less like “products” :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s not great for my back, to spend so much time on the floor.

9 Likes