Your Setups (Part 1)

I can really imagine how selling you a synth in a store goes about…

• hi, I want to buy a new synth

• ok. Follow me. We have polys, monos, digital, analog, small, big, granular, modular. So, what are you looking for sir???

• black…

16 Likes

…vanilla cupcakes.

11 Likes

I almost didn’t buy my model: cycles because it’s not black.

6 Likes

Nice! Does it play well with other osc? I have read that it is quiet hard because of internal quantization

Nothing irrational going on here… the desktop gear just happens to be all black and the modules just happen to be all silver

21 Likes

upper part looks like Sharp 800 :grinning:

1 Like

Depends on how complicated your arrangement is… I think that small tuning issues become more noticeable when you’re dealing with 16 digitally controlled signals vs an analog osc that will be a little off over wide intervals.

1 Like

That looks the bizness!

1 Like

Cheers! I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time, thought and money reaching this point. A few routing things to resolve then I’ll find out if I can actually make decent music with it :joy:

1 Like

Awaiting a NDLR, Kenton Control Freak Live and MS-101 :blush:

22 Likes

I just realized how much better a M:C would sound if it was black. Mine is in repair. Guess I will paint it black when it‘s back!

3 Likes

Recently got rid of my OB-6 desktop and Xbase 999 for a Crumar Seven and Guitar. Nothing is plugged in currently (except for the Crumar) so I can focus on getting better at playing keys. Also took my mixer off the desk, likely going to get rid of it next year in favor of a 16 channel audio interface.

34 Likes

7 :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

holy crap, that crumar sounds amazing in demo videos. enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks! Highly recommend it to anyone.

Sick battery charger! The power station!

I’m really enjoying your little Warp rotating pic thingy

4 Likes

Love the ergo and cable management. Post some Crumar clips!

1 Like

Richard Devine is showing us his studio this month on Attack, it’s crazy how much gear he has

3 Likes

Downsized my studio. I had a bunch of budget synths that were just cluttering my studio. I am gonna sell off all of the other gear and maybe buy a sequential pro 3.

17 Likes