Your Setups (Part 1)

Serious kit, that’s amazing! Look forward to hearing what comes out of that.

1 Like

I bet the samples sound good through the OT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Let the human be :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I mean nothing but love!

1 Like

Sure, the start of sonic qualities between different hardware samplers will also be a new thread, where I will place the sound fx sample content.

Stay tuned about sound quality :loopy: :alien: :space_invader: :robot: :octopus: :ghost:

4 Likes

I acknowledge that these tiny fake potted plants I got from Target are ridiculous and a total meme for synth setup photos, but — I kinda like having them there anyway.

40 Likes

They look like eyebrows!

15 Likes

Nanokontrol with a usb midihost, controlling the volume of 4 digitone channels + the chorus, delay and reverb in the masterpage for the 303 thats going into the digitone.

707 also going into the digitone, so hoping for an update like the digitakt so i can just let the 303 have reverb and keep the 707 dry.

I have another digitone, but for live this setup is more then enough i believe.

31 Likes

Great idea using that nano control for the FX / Mixer. I’m pretty happy with the sound of the DN FX, but it’d be great to have more direct control.

1 Like

Nice plants. (: What’s on the top of the audio interface?

Lovely setup.

In a similar setup I had, nanokontrol was also be mapped to CC1/mod wheel on digitone tracks. Huge hands-on realtime control possibilities (approaches OT scenes for DN sounds).

Any recordings of this setup?

3 Likes

Do you experience any lag on that USB midi host?

I got a Dore one off ebay, its kinda ok for pads or switches, but anything like knobs or faders and it lags and jumps around all over the place. (My midi controller is novation launchcontrol BTW)

It’s a bit of writing (sadly can’t remember/find the author) that I cut out of the album insert for a special edition version of J Dilla’s “Donuts.” I’m a huge fan of Dilla and that record in particular, so I just wanted this cool little poem around my music setup at all times. It reads:

This shit right here though is the forgiveness of sins. The street corner communion wafer that gave us our ins. The keys to the kingdom of soul-butter grooves and Sweet Charles smooth talk from the best to ever do it on the ones and twos, no take backs. no show of hands or arguments, just play the goddamn tape back.

This is that victory music from the Boy Wonder himself. The last jewel in his crown and his last plaques on the shelf. The last time he made being legend seem as simple as syrup, like watching Otis lose it live on stage in '67 in Europe. This is the spirit of Eddie Kendricks mixed with a little Hendricks and tonic. The working definition for what it means to be on it. The stones-thrown habit of shouldering up to Mike Jackson’s music, and the rap sheet of classics he was using to prove it.

9 Likes

:fist:

1 Like

No lag, only when i used a midihub as a merger after the usb host for getting bpm from another machine the bpm of digitone lagged compared to thr machine that was master when i made quick adjustments on the nano. Nano in its own with usb host to digitone, no problems whatsover.

1 Like

Today soundcheck/test session! Forgot headphones at home. Spent half an hour to find the perfect spot against the strong wind. Then one hour of recording. I forgot to press Record! Not too bad. :grin: :grin:

20 Likes

At least you got a picture ;). I can totally hear it.

2 Likes

What stand are you using for the DT/AH, OT, and TR8S? I’m thinking of doing that with an A4 and MC-707.

I’ve reorganized my cozy mess of a drum corner since getting an Analog Keys (I think I’m in love by the way).

22 Likes

Not pictured is my Macbook pro for recording and mixing everything .

41 Likes