Your Setups (Part 1)

& the DX7 key bed is patch cable storage… :rofl:

2 Likes

A temporary and since resolved issue.

My DX7 now lives on top of my wife’s piano stool, where it belongs.

Yo! Cheers my man! It’s seen a few iterations. Gear coming and going. As the years have gone on I’ve honed things in a little. Before there were way more boxes… not just music making ones but also shoe boxes to layer the gear.

The risers you talk of ain’t of shoe box origins. These are instead giant door stops!

This is the first track made with this set up

And here’s my album I tracked live and released with a similar set up. The only thing difference was me using an MX-1 and running the RYTM’s voices through other boxes into their own channel strip. Then using the MX-1’s Beat and Master FX to twist up the signal even more. I also didn’t use the OT for my live album. Wouldn’t be without it now. I’m thinking about getting the MX-1 back out but I want to get deeper and practice more with this set up first.

Peace!

5 Likes

@hrrld
Here are the other iterations I was talking about :wink:

@HisMostDarxxxellent - wow, heavy… wild video too, nice!

Once shoeboxes, but now doorstops. Love it. Inspires me to get more creative with my current efforts.

The stuff on bandcamp is also heavy, I think my favorite track is 100 :wink:

Also thanks for the pointer back to the older pics- great stuff.

Stay rad.

Following up with a little meditation jam! Actually just did this one earlier today, and used a modified version of the setup I posted — still Digitone into Coco, but no Octa involved, just a reverb pedal and an SP-404 for filtering and recording. Gotta love simplicity.

Headphones recommended since the Coco offers lots of stereo goodness: f 4 jam by your lamp | Free Listening on SoundCloud

6 Likes

This setup is amazing! If you had to decide between the Deluge and the MPC live2, which one would you sell?

Hey man,

Great question !

to be honest they serve both different purposes.

I use the Deluge as a synth-based groovebox where I mostly layer synth parts with very minimal drum patterns. It is mostly to have pads going with added FX, I rarely mess with samples with it.

As you can guess, it is quite the opposite with the MPC Live 2. It is far easier to mess with samples and have banging drums going with the MPC.

In a weird sense they compliment each other pretty well. The midi chords on the MPC make for great chord progressions on the Deluge for example.

All in all I think the two are here to stay. I would miss each other’s strong points if I were to part with one.

However I d probably sell the MPC 2 if I had to sell one, as you can do everything the MPC does with the Deluge if you put your heart to it.
Before having the MPC, I was rocking a small setup with a Qunexus and a Quneo taking turns being powered and plugged to the Deluge.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your great explanation. This helps me a lot.

1 Like

Ah, that’s chill :slight_smile: thanks for sharing!

Digging the sounds of the Coco!

1 Like

Bless this mess. :pray:

41 Likes

I would love to play the Sliders on the Volca FM. :innocent:

1 Like

are we related somehow? your pile looks similar to my piles.

1 Like

A few recent additions… and room for a bit more :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Moog shelf is looking good. Still never owned any Moog :open_mouth:

1 Like

Theres a joke to be made here but I’m disappointed to find I’m no longer immature enough to do it.
Damn you upper middle age :anguished:

4 Likes

More stuff going in. Talk about tight clearances… maybe 1mm on either side of the Karp and mixer. Need a third sliding shelf…

18 Likes

asdasd

wireless. gamechanger.

9 Likes

home office synths

7 Likes

I was on the fence about whether or not this was a good purchase until the first time I used it. His name is HAL, obviously.

1 Like