Your setups [ 10k Archive]

That metal shelving is such an affordable addition for additional studio realestate.

The new studio B (sans laptop & headphones),
along with a prototype of something I have been working on :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is beautiful, great design … :joy:

Thanks/ the compliments SoundRider. Looking forward to completing the finished versions. Got a few designs in the works.

WOW !!! A beaty :heart: and it seems to be very practical - good design :+1:

Some pics of my Studio. :wink:

1 Like

What’s that thing on the top right?

Two Octatracks! :heart:

1 Like

Very nice studio walecacharrero! :wink:

1 Like

What’s that thing on the top right?[/quote]
yeah… wtf is that on top?

yeah… wtf is that on top?[/quote]

That looks like a Line 6 Stagescape M20D digital mixer…:slight_smile:

yeah… wtf is that on top?[/quote]

Like RodmanSan said …
It’s my digital mixer … is a Line6 StageScape m20d. :slight_smile:

It sounds great, and even the 20 channels, it works like a digital Multitrack recorder too.

This setup has been my goal for about 2 years now and I’ve finally made it happen. I love deep machines that I can get lost in just messing around and these three certainly fit the bill. I made a list of things I needed in a setup and aimed for the most power in a relatively small footprint. So I have:

Tempest: Analog drums, beautiful sounding (imo) polysynth, nice pads for playing the Spectralis
Spectralis: Deep monosynth, filterbank, rompler synthesis
Octatrack: Breakbeats, phrase sampler, sequencer, mixer and effects for the other two machines

I think this setup nails it and I’m loving the OT so far!

3 Likes

the mnm has been treating me well

Respect !!! I love that kind of dedication, the spectralis must be a very interesting synth ( I never had the luck to touch it )… :heart:

1 Like

those three certainly fit the bill. i’d love to check out a tempest and a spectralis at some point. tempest looks really fun to play. so much hands on control and jamming with patterns and having it record to a song is pretty epic for work flow. friend of mine has one and just kills it.
i’ve always wanted some of those tempest features in the elektrons.

My sanctuary :imp: Need some better stands and maybe some more FX… Been eyeing a Rainbow Machine for some time now, never enough magic in the studio!

1 Like

Hello Nirun

great Video,
i am really curious how are you evaluate the benefits of the Burl B2 ADC, is it worth the Money, do you use it with Octatrack too, not too much embellishment through the Converters ?
Greetz
Cortega

Hey Cortega,

The B2 is wonderful for the purpose of being able to hit the internal transformers before conversion so you can track really hot and pad the signal with the transformer. Handles transients in a really nice way when you are driving it hard.

The B2 is very transparent when not driving it hard. After I purchased it I noticed I got much cleaner recordings and especially reverb and delay when used at aggressive settings sounded less harsh and more refined to my ears.

I was running everything through the OT and then through the Elysia Xpressor/Xfilter then in to the B2.

is it worth the money? I wanted 2 golden channels to handle my final stereo sum and I have not been disappointed. Extremely good build quality and amazing support from Burl in Santa Cruz California.

If you are in the Toronto area you are welcome to come by and check it out, even though i doubt you are :frowning:

PM me if you have any more questions or want sound examples.

Hi, new on the forum. I just got an AK, super happy with it.