Your setups [ 10k Archive]

ah, I envy you.
I had one, when it came out… My first and most expensive synth… And it is still a nice synth with great sounds… And its sync interface works fine with the 808 :slight_smile:
Enjoy it.

1 Like

Indeed! I feel like I should be able to activate the entire room’s power with an old fashioned wall-mounted, mad-scientist-style knife-switch, upon which the power will come on with a mighty ka-thunk…

3 Likes

“It’s ALIVE!!!”

1 Like

“Throw open the switches on the Sonic Oscillator!”

FNF

10 Likes

Miss her, but she don’t like playing with others, shes only got eyes for the OT

1 Like

My quarantine setup. Octatrack mk1, Xoxbox, Peak, Bass Station 2, Launchpad Pro MK3, JV-1010, Clarett 8pre, Boss BX4 mixer for crunch and Digitakt!

12 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. I am jealous of the space, the gear, but mostly that it’s all set up and working. I recently moved my studio to a room upstairs and anything that isn’t already racked up is in piles or in boxes. Or piles of boxes. And I still need to remove a treadmill from it.

2 Likes

solid setup.

I think I’m mostly jealous of the Jerker desk :cry:

That first day is always sweet. And then begins the hunt for the sources of errant noises, hums, and flaky cables. :thinking:

1 Like

That reminds me, my Octatrack is 6db down on the main left.

Must fix that…

1 Like

Ooh, can’t have that!

Me, I’ve just been ‘forced’ to kick my 20-year-old Neutrik patch bays to the curb (they all developed the same fault when used in half-normalled configurations). I have a couple of new Samsons on the way. Hopefully they’ll fix the problem. For now, I can just bypass the bad patch points and route stuff stright to the mixers and pres.

Over the last month Iv’e been putting my small setup together getting rid of stuff I don’t really use and Iv’e ended up with this. I’m using the MPC X and the main centrepiece for my gear.

So this is my setup and all I really need. I’ll put the actual pictures up once I decorate this room during this lockdown malarkey

4 Likes

You have a lot of gear with their own sequencers. I’m curious, what gear is responsible for what? From your assortment, my guess is that MPC X is your master, but everything runs on its own sequencer. Is that accurate? And if so, how you do organize your projects/patterns/etc. between them?

I’ve got a Digitakt, Digitone, Peak, Minitaur, and Circuit Mono Station, and while matching patterns between the Elektrons is simple, the CMS adds a little bit of complication, since CMS Sessions are kind of a different format than Elektron Patterns. Currently, I switch between songs using program changes, but curious how you keep everything organized.

1 Like

Yeah the MPC will be the master, it’ll be the first time I’ll have had all these working together as I really only used a couple at a time in the past. I’m only really getting to use all my gear now as I have a good few months spare.

What I usually do i pre make patterns, write things down, leave say the last pattern blank on all machines so that I can go in to them if I need to change settings etc on others on the fly.

That way I can just hit play on the MPC and trigger everything, sample different synths live and later edit stuff to free up things and carry on. Once I’m set up properly I’ll post some stuff, might be a while as we’re decorating so I can get my gear in there.

Been messing about tonight so here’s a final list in picture format and then real pics…just waiting on the Blue TD-3 from Thomann should be here friday…

I’ll have more space soon to fit it all in hence you’ll see I’m having to swap gear out when I wanna use stuff sometimes, should be a fun room once I’m done the decor…

Cheers

15 Likes

Nice collection. I have doubts about the ergonomics though. It doesn’t seem all that “accessible”. Have you even thought about stacking some stuff above each other instead of only sideways?

2 Likes

oh I see RME Fireface + Ferrofish Pulse! Same what I use for converting. The ferrofish you don´t see very often in peoples Setup. But I think its´s very good and not only because they send me 2 very nice cups when I ordered directly from them :slight_smile:

And the culture vulture … damn. just wondering how the HW unit sounds in comparission to software Saturation.

You should try a 3 tier keyboard stand with some shelves from ikea…
you can fit heaps of gear and it’s ergonomic perfect to reach everything…
best accessory type purchase I made

2 Likes

Another Ferrofish Pulse user here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the desk from a 2nd hand furniture shop. Didn’t realise it was so highly coveted until I googled ‘jerker’. Now I just need to find some attachments to add on…

1 Like

That was a risky Google

8 Likes