Your setups [ 10k Archive]

This is my current minimalistic setup.

Analog four mk2, Analog Rtym mk2, small Arturia Rackbrute with a Mutable Instruments Clouds clone. I think i’m going to fill it up with a Moog Mother 32, just to occupy the remaining rack space and don’t fall into modular g.a.s. ;))

Everything goes into the Behringer x18 “mixer” (AR/A4 individual outputs into it’s 16inputs) which is under the table, so all the cables are hidden.
The mixer, beside allowing latency-free jamming (and sounding great, despite being Behringer :wink: ) is an audio interface as well, which allows every kind of routing (a4/ar effects, clouds…) and i’m using it to feed some channels from/to the ipad for ios plug-ins/effects/softsynths. The Expression Touché controls the Performane modes of the Elektrons and the clouds via CV (quite cool) :slight_smile:
The Behringer X-touch is a bit of a plastic toy but it controls the mixer ‘hands on’ without the need of using the dedicated ipad mixer app and the mini colorcoded scribble-displays are very usefull (and the motorized faders for the scenes as well)

I still call it daw-less, because there is no daw involved and i don’t consider the ipad a computer, but rather a tool which can do tons of cool stuff. With the xkey37 i play the ipad synts and record live into the Elektron’s sequencers :slight_smile:

13 Likes

i think the mother32 would be a little redundant in that set up. just another analog voice. it’s cool adn sounds good and the sequencer is nice but you could add another flavor to your set up w/just a digital oscillator or complex oscillator. it would give you something not present there… unless you’re using the ipad for synth stuff to. there’s some good synth choices for th eipad these days…

but a used cylonix cyclebox II w/expander is around $350 if you look. add a make noise optomix and maths and you’ll have tons of sound design options. or something like a Piston Honda MKIII or wait for the hertz donut MKIII which will be out in a month or two… for morphing FM oscillator awesomeness. you could sequence it all from your A4.

you don’t have to fall into gas w/just that one row case. but smartly planned you can expand your sound design options and really add something special to the sound palette there.

3 Likes

man thank you, that’s a really good advice. somehow i was hoping that someone would come forward with an opinion regarding the planned mother32 purchase. I’m aware of the fact that buying a mother32 just for the sake of buying something “known” and to fill up the rack is stupid.
regarding ipad synths: i got a lot of them and i love them, but i’m not going to leave that huge rack space empty :wink: Therefore i will go down your suggested route (or a similar one) for sure. Thank for your time

2 Likes

i heard all the cool cats were using modules for just effects.

Battletech… I had this game on my SEGA MD))) nice setup btw!!

2 Likes

Finally got my corner looking tighter

7 Likes

My mobile setup

17 Likes

Oh that boss mixer looks lovely :slight_smile:

Temporary rolling desk/stand for the new apt.

9 Likes

that makes me uncomfortable. i don’t trust those kb stands

1 Like

How are you using the midi twister, is it connected to a computer then to the devices?

Nice and compact.
Would prefer standing position - you have it adjustable?

Updated
OT, d’Fam, TR09, Lyra 8.
Solid, reliable, fun.

11 Likes

Gear boner…

2 Likes

How do you use the Midifighter?

hi,
i use the iconnectivity midi 4+ to connect all stuff by midi din and twister by Usb
I use the computer to configure the CC mapping for the twister
the twister have 3 templates
the first template control the level of each tarck DT / DN / OT2

first columns control Track 1 - 4 of DN
second and third columns Track 1 - 8 of DT
last Track 1 - 4 of OT2
Track 5 OT2 is Input AB from DN
Track 6 OT2 neighbor machine for DN
Track 7 OT2 is Input CD from DT
Track 8 OT2 Master track

with the others template i can control others parameters

for midi channel
DN Track 1 - 4 -> midi channel 1 - 4
DT Track 1 - 8 -> midi channel 5 - 12
OT2 Track 1 - 4 -> midi channel 13 - 16

best,

2 Likes

like I just explain
After configure with computer (midi CC, etc…), I can use all without the coimputer

Now when I connect the Midi 4+ to my computer
I have in ableton ALL MIDI IN/OUT from iconnectivity and then I can receive / send data from all devices

Iconnectivity Midi 4+ ROCKS !

1 Like

No, not near that luxurious, it’s a temporary solution

Nice Rytm stand!

Thats pretty cool! I always thought the midi twister was fun to play with… Would love to hear your music …