Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I actually love it too. I like the individual patterns per track and using snapshots to make a “song”. Without a lcd its also a chore as I have to keep detailed notes about what is what pattern wise. I am planning to replace it with the MPC X for sequencing and I really only have a virus TI to sequence. Ill use the engine money to fund the digitone.

I guess if you only need to sequence the Virus you can use the digitone

whats the mixer on the far right?

hmm which picture?
I guess it’s the soundcraft mixwizard…

finished one project and started another so i did some rearranging and cleaning

2 Likes

nice “gear”

3 Likes

Gorgeous setup! Then comes the master keyboard and the rack compressors/fx and screws up everything :smiley: . Don’t need a keyboard?

Mine’s a bit of a mess as I’m working on a big system for someone right now, but here’s the musical corner of my little room. :smiley: The workbench, is off to the left,(out of frame thankfully :smiley: ) and is even more of a mess right now.

3 Likes

is that the akai controller with the cv outs?

Yes. It’s not too bad actually. I wish it had a 10V range instead of 5V, but for what I use it for it’s not that critical. I mainly just use it to test modules that I’ve built, or run an occasional arp through a modular etc. It does have some features to adjust trigger types, and fine tune settings for CV and Gate/Trig which is nice. I’m afraid that most of its cool features are wasted on me, as I don’t use the pads, sequencer, sliders, etc. It’s pretty solid though.

Here’s the desk in the morning sunlight :sunny:

New, updated, more live friendly modular setup.
Also, the tiny 8010 now have a big brother for bass duties :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Nice!

I’ve got a sub under the desk as well. I kind of switch between the S5s+Sub and the MR8s. I miss the HRs though. I downsized them while living in a townhouse way back, and never got new ones. The MR8s just fell in my lap after a company I worked for went out of business. They’re ok, but aren’t as good all-around as the HRs were.

1 Like

Killer setup. Looks super productive. Sampling into Digitakt and carrying on with the modular. Looks like you’re clocking the Digi from the modular via the Pamela’s Workout expander. Is that right? I usually clock my modular from the Octatrack and sample into the Octatrack.

1 Like

Yes that’s right, Pamela is the master clock for everything. Rock solid, the expander is really great, the 4 fixed outputs are actually pretty useful as well. Digitakt sends midi clock to Heat and Space as well. I’m not using midi for anything else so far but I might learn one day. Sampling is a breeze with the aux out of the k-mix and I often sample 33sec phrases of the modular that I chop and sequence later.

I have very little real estate left on the desk; I might get a little digital poly like the Motor NF-1m later; but I still have plenty of sounds to coax out of this and adding a poly too soon would have me lost.

@J3RK
The Sub has been an awesome addition. It’s a really nice improvement despite the totally non-treated room.

I see you like your coffee as Black as your Metal…

3 Likes

I certainly do ! :new_moon:

1 Like

Massively downsized my setup. It’s really nice not having to worry about mixer, fx, routing, etc. Overbridge will make it even nicer. The only thing I really regret selling is the JV-2080, definitely buying that one back at some point soon, can’t find any software to replace it.

4 Likes

Battery powered Monomachine

17 Likes

My stundent room.
Battled GAS, but I think I’m happy with how it is right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

girlfriend out. DN in bed with me tonight. :wink: Love that powerbank. I did even split the power cable and now it powers DN along with DT for hours !

5 Likes