Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Yeah, I read your post after and realised it’s temporary.

Octatrack MK2, Analog Heat, Eventide Space, Ableton Live. The rack gears are: 2x Power Conditioners, MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid, MOTU 2408 MK2, Behringer Vamp, 2x Shure PS M300. On the back is a patch bay.

For a live perfomance, The OT -> Heat -> 828 mk3 Audio/Midi -> Ableton. The OT is controlling Ableton synths, fx and mixing via Midi. Currently I’m into the new Wavetable and FM8 (cause digitone GAS). The space is on a return channel. The Mic -> 828 mk3 -> Ableton and is processed via Izotope Vocal Synth…mostly. For sound design I’ll control Ableton with the OT or Keyboard and Trackball for creating stems. I’ll export stems to the OT for arrangement and further processing. The synths that I run in the live performance template are mostly just for improv capabilities, adding a little human element to it (though vocals lend to that). I’ll just play notes from the OT squares and tweak knobs making a filter face to really turn the audience on. I have the MOTU 2408 as a second output for sub mixes. The wireless in ear monitors receive a stereo pair and are used for obvious reasons. I can haz one in my ear and a second vocalist if that ever happens. I can also have submixes ready or whipped up quickly if a sound guy asks for one. The Vamp I can use as another return (phasing hell) or just run a guitar directly into it. I got it as a present from a family member and it does have some deep crunchy tones.

The case has two side tables, they are part of how it closes up for travel. Comes in handy sometimes, Ive had other artists share a side or two and plug into my interface, I can also use it for merch, or to eat on, or maybe settlers of catan. I’m still trying to find a way to mount a projector and some lighting.

I have a blofeld desktop on the way, I’m pretty sure it will fit in front of the OT. I have a 34" monitor and keyboard tray towards the right on the white table. So with the laptop on the case tray (on top of a dual fan cooling pad) I can sit and work on things. There is an overhub on the table near the laptop that connects all the extra peripherals I have as well as the OT and Heat.

I’m still cleaning up the wires in the back, lots of ties happening.

5 Likes

Happens doesn’t it? Some gears you just don’t click with. BS-II form factor (amp/filter envelope sharing same slider in particular) turned me off actually. Stumbled upon used Studio Electronics SE-1X and it has now become my go to bass machine!

1 Like

Great setup … (we seem to prefer the same kind of trackball :smiley: )

1 Like

Lots of amazing photos/setups. Here is my playground…

14 Likes

I went from a 90hp case to a 104hp and it was the catalyst for sort of an existential crisis and it’s been a struggle the last few months to sort out how that space would be occupied. I think I’m finally settling down. Summer tour prep must begin. Now I have to decide if I’ll use this + computer/MAX or this + the Octatrack. Very pleased with the Samara/Spock/Walk replacing the Mutamix though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree. And all those famous pieces of gear only became famous because talented, creative individuals sweated blood getting the most out of them.

This is the most coherent mine has ever been so will catch it now before it goes wild again:

Out of frame: AJ2, ASR10, BCR2000, ADA8000, Quadraverb and SPX900.

I’m pretty happy with it. Save for a recording/coloration device (and an Empress Zoia), I can’t think to want anything else, really.

5 Likes

Eager to integrate these babies into my workflow, it took me several months to get them from Perfect Circuit - seems like Empress is not really up to speed producing the proper amount of pedals!

3 Likes

I never understood why people would buy the cases shaped like your red one as it seemed to me that there was a lot of wasted space at the back and the case could be a lot smaller. Your photo has just educated me. :slight_smile:

For now that is the case :frowning: However Colin has mentioned a few times that the OS is eventually getting a big overhaul, which includes more than 4 rows of Aux events/CC’s per track.

Currently I get around it by making multiple tracks sending to the same instrument. But very much looking forward to when this isn’t necessary!

that’s why I ended up going with the source audio nemesis and ventris.
Plus I found a nemesis second hand cheap.
actually that’s more the reason tbh

Preparing the first setup after moving countries and finding a home.

11 Likes

Impressive collecton … :+1:

Elektron should concider to produce or sell mixers, mics, and headphones … then we could all work in a perfect Elektron universe :wink:

2 Likes

Now I just need my Cenk robot to work it all.

8 Likes

Elektron ThirdArm ™

1 Like

I think the Cenk robots should have a removable Cenk face picture that we can replace with our own, ya know, so we can book gigs… :joy:

2 Likes

I an in line for the Elektron collective implant, complete with Operating Theton (OT) skill module. Ryan has moved to the back of the line.

The reality is I haven’t used them for 6 months and am basically starting from scratch.

1 Like

I can hear somebody cranking up their copy of Photoshop as we speak. Cenk face on robot body - maybe the robots from the Bjork video? Not sure if this pic can top the one of him and Gaz from NAMM though.

2 Likes

@Bwax ask and ye shall receive

14 Likes

This gives me very mixed feelings and emotions.

1 Like