Your Profile Picture - The story behind

My pic choice was superficial. It was taken as I walked through the crowd at an event I performed at years ago. I chose it because the color palate was a little different than many other profile pics here.

Happy new year!

2 Likes

my profile pic is hand-drawn vector portrait of me.
here it is side by side with source photo.
and the most important: that flying saucer behind me is real.

8 Likes

My picture is the transport area on the OP-1, but fish eyed a few times to give the impression of a large ball rolling down a dark corridor.

Think Terrahawks…

5 Likes

My profile picture I took during an unforgettable tour through Andalusia with my best pal.

It is a corner of a stone railing in the Alhambra. Maybe the lesser impressive piece of what you can see there in real, but that’s for tourists right?

Anyway it reminded me of a face (somehow I was keen on this kind of stuff long time ago)…and reassembles my real facial expression when jabbering. Sometimes.

3 Likes

I designed mine…it’s meant to look musical and smiley.

10 Likes

Mine is a picture of me that my Dad took about 10 years back when I was playing my Tenori-On, I just shrunk it down a bit and pixellated it a little on my phone, I don’t tend to use many pics of myself online and use it for most forums that I am on, I did change it to a John Candy pic but then changed it back after @pmoldzio requested it :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I went to a free art display with some friends after grabbing a few drinks. I loved how majestic the llama looked. I don’t know why it inspired me so, but I took a picture of the art with my phone.

I suppose it’s my profile picture because of a mixture of fond memories, the inspiration of the piece, and using it as an expression for my identity seemed amusing without trying to be funny

13 Likes

Cool story bro!

2 Likes

Mine is my dogs.

I like my dogs.

10 Likes

Couple of beauties! :dog:

2 Likes

mine is a photo of how I paint now. I recently realised I’d been poisoning myself and my dog for the past few years with the alkyd fast drying mediums i use with my oils.

4 Likes

Laser Squad. One of my fav games on the Commodore C64. Has a nice retrofuturistic vibe to it.

6 Likes

Mine is a stormtrooper pic I put some layered effects on. Nothing exciting and was first thing I found in my pics when making my account

3 Likes

mine is a logo for a clothing/tech brand that never came to fruition. I still make a bunch of graphics, logo flips etc using the name “hiddenmaterial” so I tend to use it on forums etc. as a little hint to the other non-music related stuff i do.

16 Likes

my avatar is a not-too-subtle appropriation from one of the greatest albums ever … I’d struggle to find even a couple more from my collection which are anywhere near as significant to me … no album like it before or since …

11 Likes

Mine is a photo I took in Tokyo on holiday a couple of years back - we were heading out and found this cool lane through a park banked by trees covered in blue fairy lights.

3 Likes

I love it when cities wrap pretty lights around trees.

When I lived in Boston, I had to walk home from work after missing the last train(I punished myself out of spite for being kept so late- ah youth…) but I came across a trail where they had wrapped all the trees in Christmas lights in all the medians as far as the eye could see.

Though it was a stupid decision to walk home as a means of sticking it to my managers, it was one heck of an inspiring walk.

Beautiful picture, my friend.

1 Like

Love those, especially the Powell peralta one

1 Like

In Finland we have this thing called Uuno Turhapuro. He’s kind of a stupid/lazy slacker movie character who’s been at it since the 60s/70s.

One hot summer day I was walking on the street and realized the similarity of Uuno and Richard D James. When I got back home and on my computer I had to make my vision come true. At that time of my life I designed the posters for three local night clubs. I used this idea again in one night club poster but with the cover of Come To Daddy EP.

8 Likes

thanks mate. yea tis a legend graphic :slight_smile: love those old bones brigade tapes

1 Like