Your music in the car

Back in the day it was cassettes (however when I first passed my test I did crash my car when I dropped one and tried to grab it on the floor, went smack into the back of a parked Robin Reliant which due to having 3 wheels ended up on the bonnet of my car and then fell off on its side with a crappy alarm going off like it was hurt :man_facepalming:) . Taught me a lesson, I’ve never took my eyes off the road since !!! After that cd’s but once they got removed on newer cars just the radio for me.

3 Likes

My first car. :slight_smile: I actually tipped it over doing a sharp turn around a bend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…my car…is the last place where i actually enjoy listening to music…all kinds of music…
while i still have not figured, how to seamlessly switch between the spotify or apple music app and data folders on my phone, where i could place audio files BEFORE they end up farmstreamed…hmmmpf.

sometimes, it’s still a bit frustrating to compare my sonic shit with the sonic shit of others…
but hey, most of the time, i’m more and more really catching up…and my stuff worx flawlessly in direct comparison between all the other stuff that’s out there, too…

the car is a great listening sourrounding…u really hear what’s wrong…and what’s not…

Since I can’t drive, the CDs played in the car (it’s very old) have to be mutually acceptable to the driver; so mostly Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Calexico, a lot of varied rock, country and bluegrass plus the odd bit of synth pop and/or Neubauten. The alternative is the best national radio station, FIP, but since reception is a bit wonky round here in the hills, only sometimes.

The CD player in my car is the only remaining CD player I have.

From time to time I pick some CDs from my collection and when
I find one that I like for my commute (just 25 minutes) it usually
stays there for months.

Alternatives are one radio station or radio off.

2 Likes

The latest VLC update messed up everything. Was pretty nice to have cloud integration in VLC. Exporting and downloading of rendered tracks was really seamless…somehow they managed to make it worse and I cannot find my usual track folder anymore

Answering myself: CloudMusic seems to do right what I needed. Cloud integration + playlist, track control.

I rarely listen to anything in my car.
I never developed the habit since I owned a van for years and you couldn’t hear jack shit in that thing so music was pointless.

My previous car had a cd player and decent speakers so that got some use on long drives.

Now Im back to a rattly old bucket of a thing so again, not much point in music, cant hear it above the din of the car.

I listen to the following in the car

Short trips
Radio (BBC 6 Music) or a CD. I go to a local charity shop every 6 months and refresh my CDs for a few quid.

Longer trips
Bog standard music app on my phone via bluetooth. Usually listen to full album rips from Youtube but sometimes audiobooks. Sometimes listen to my own music on this app, mp3s on folders on my phone.

Vans rule!

1 Like