Your music in the car

Hey everyone,

How do you listen to your music in the car? I actually like to…even for small commutes and also to get at least once in a while the time to listen and get some inspiration what to change.

The most convenient way for me is to use Audioshare, since I can import renders directly from onedrive, where most of my stuff is lying automatically uploaded. Another advantage with Audioshare is that you can play through your complete list of stuff (even if is shitty).

One issue I recently have is CarPlay (I try to be as seamless as possible, so yeah, no cables) - it somehow enters with Audioshare into a voice mode - removing all bass & only mono, which is making the music even more shitty, maybe in some cases better :sweat_smile:

Anyway, my question is basically: How do you do it - if you do it? Are there any other apps that can be considered - and which give a seamless experience? Or do you have a solution for this Carplay/AudioShare issue?

Cheers

2 Likes

I don’t drive but I would just use private SoundCloud uploads from my phone :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I throw everything at itunes i do and have playlists per year, or style…
It’s convinient for me that way…

On a CD. But you gotta live under the luxury of possessing a car with something that can read it.

3 Likes

Cds. I collect Suomisaundi and atm i listen to Club Kooma ”Club Kooma” album.

Suomisaundi released on a awesome japanese label called ”Nullzone”
Nullzone Label

2 Likes

A Journey through my recordcollection. I always like to be on the road with this on random Play…

Yeah thought about this as well. I need to check the data transfer flow as I like to do it with as less manual steps as possible. Will check again.

I use plex to stream music from my personal collection on my computer to my phone. The interface is fine enough.

Downsides are it costs $5 a month, and you need to have your host powered on to stream to your phone. I’m working on getting a server set up just for that

1 Like

Can’t answer your Carplay/AudioShare question, but for the main question: Aux cord. My phone still has a headphone jack. For apps: BlackPlayer and Bandcamp

My car is too dang old to have Bluetooth or even a 3.5mm Jack. So I use CDs. I’ve been bumping this album lately:

3 Likes

I add my tracks to my Apple Music library, sync them to my phone, and then use CarPlay. Easy.

3 Likes

CDs from shows and the past. I have an upgraded Radio in my old 1998 opel(vauxhall) astra, but I rarely connect to bluetooth. I buy cds at the shows I attend and this is my listening place for these.

Car has Bluetooth and I can stream soundcloud from my smartphone.

I wished for Tech to be that way roughly 20 years ago when I had CDs filled with shifty MP3 files.

But the sound system I build into that old car was better than the stock system now.
On the other hand, we now have a trunk we can fill with stuff. Back then it was just subwoofers and amps :laughing::sunglasses:

1 Like

Did that also few years ago, but had many issues with finding that stuff again in one place. You setup some playlist or how you arrange the name in some specific way?

Depends on which rig I’m driving.
My normal daily driver is my work truck. The stereo was broken when I got it (truck came from a salvage auction) and I’ve never gotten around to installing the bumping system it should really have so I have an old jvc “kaboom” boombox hanging behind the seats. It’ll run on 12v (wire runs from the dash under the seats) and it has a remote Velcro’d to the dashboard. 1/8” dongle for my phone goes to the jvcs aux in, sometimes cassettes.
The transmission in that truck is currently disassembled so until I have that put back together I’m driving a truck I got for free from my neighbor which he was about to haul to the scrapyard (78 c20). It’s so loud I honestly can’t hear the radio when it’s dimed and that’s after fixing the muffler.

1 Like

I keep all my music on my phone as .wav files.

I mostly used VLC player to play them.

1 Like

Radio (BBC 6Music or LBC) or CDs here. I keep 6 in the car which I rotate usually by going to a charity shop and buying 6 more. I’d binned all my CDs a few years ago but slowly building up a bit of a collection.

1 Like

:eyes: good. Will test drive it :smile:

Usb stick filled with Soundcloud mixes, downtempo /afterhour techno. Peugeot sound system sucks, i may upgrade the doors with isolation someday. It has android auto, so i can stream, but mostly its my usb stick.

Made a bunch of Mp3 cds for the ute (bout 5 albums per disc) when I started digitising my collection a few years back. Feel like it’s prolly timeto make a few more.

iPod on shuffle for longer drives and roadtrips.