Your modulars

Thanks for taking the time to write this, very useful!

1 Like

Nice try.

5 Likes

Why!?

Are they that delirious that they actually think someone will purchase a three sisters for almost 5k!?

The filter ain’t that special!

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s a mistake, or a drunken joke. No, it isn’t that special, though it is nice.

I’ve been considering the Model 1.4 to use with my modular / Elektron boxes. How do you like it? Kinda mixed reviews on build quality / customer service.

Ah, Reverb, you almost got me (again …)

• Predicted to sell soon
  • Only 1 available and 1 other person has this in their cart
2 Likes

That’s pretty much the reasons I think I’m looking at Optx V2, to pipe the audio directly into my DAW (or Push).

I don’t perform, so having an onboard mixer aside from my Happy Nerding 6hp one isn’t really necessary.

I like that there’s options but if it’s not cramped, it’s expensive and sometimes it’s both cramped and expensive.

I got a Xone96 and it’s brilliant. Use it for the modulars and my three digiboxes.

3 Likes

Do you use the audio interface much? Do the two mic channels double as Mono inputs? Thinking the Bebe might be a good bet, with a little bit of eq.

I use the audio interface to send audio to/from
ableton all the time. It is pretty low latency interface. I never use the mic channels. It has two other inputs (in addition to the six main channels) that would be used as returns mostly. My only real gripe is that both sends can’t be used pre fader. Only one.
Bebe?

Reshuffled the rack a bit to fit an Oxi Pipe on the bottom row.

Swapped out a fair amount of modules last year, so now in storage:

• Phonogene
  • Telharmonic
  • Pressure Points
  • Intellijel uMidi
4 Likes
1 Like

Bebe sounds great and I highly recommend (if you can find one). Be aware that you will need to attenuate any modular level signals prior to going in. It also doesn’t do any panning so you will still need something upstream to do any stereo manipulation.

I recently got a Neo Trinity and it’s a wonderful, playful source of modulation. Wow.

I don’t think it will replace Pamela in my rack. Instead, I think it will compliment her considered programmed approach quite nicely.

the guy who was hired to design the model mixers recently released this under his own company… not like a 1 to 1 feature set but its the DJ style mixer that most interest me at the moment. I currently have a master sounds (also his design) which is much more minimal but also really nice.

3 Likes

Picked up a proper euro cable organizer! Tired of hunting down specific lengths through drawers and storage cases, now everything is sorted.

Current state of the mostly semi-modular setup, but a few utility modules are still incoming.

10 Likes

How do you like the Interstellar Radio? Seems pretty awesome.

It’s a little hard to control, you have to attenuate everything going into it to get to the sweet spots. And now that I have the LD-1, that makes those sort of shortwave sounds pretty effortlessly, I might pass it on for a Beads or something. But the Interstellar Radio is still a killer module for weird noise and distortion.

1 Like

Starthief, who has a long running diary thread on ModWiggler, in their latest post puts Interstellar Radio on the chopping block.

1 Like

It’s… It’s… beautiful. Wonderful product design.

1 Like