Your modulars

Regarding cables, I use the Eowave ones and they work well. I also have a few Tiptop stackable which are fun! For screws I have Knurlies which seem to work like the ones you have. Definitely helpful when your setup is moving a lot, however it also encourages tinkering with your setup which can be unhelpful too.

And as an added advice: get utilities! Something simple like Shades and Veils to mix, attenuate, invert and offset your signals can help you get a whole lot more from the modules you already have.

3 Likes

I like Polar Noise braided cables personally. At least a few TipTop stackables are essential.

I don’t see a lot in ways of modulation (esp for Clouds), attenuation (VCA) or utilities. At the moment the sound from your case will be pretty static. I’d focus on these things as opposed to any more sound sources. Think about Maths and make prodigious use of the mixer section to understand what @Martebar is saying. Mutable Blinds also makes for a great VCA/utility option.

2 Likes

But you have the .5 U palette row in your modulargrid. How?
A 7U case with that never existed.

I was referring to the palette row in his modulargrid. That never existed in a 7U case.

Traded out some osc modules and have coming a NE Manis Iteritas, Benjolin V1 and (somewhat obscure) Doepfer A-189-1 VBM bitcrusher, plus some utility modules.

1 Like

it is an error on my case design on the website. But it is just a regular Intellijel 7u case.

Live jam this weekend was fun!

1 Like

I recognize some of those :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lols

Here they lay in my Intellijel case. I couldn’t be happier but I haven’t had a play. Not one bit, but still I have yelled “Yay!”
I will wait for the Magneto to arrive and it should be this week.
Then I will power her on and allow the sound let my inner geek, geek!

Oh, I simply can’t wait!
Oh, the fun to be had!
I don’t even care about when my knowledge will peak!

1 Like

It’s done. DIY case and power finished, starship is ready for take off. Lyra8 Fx module plus another VCA incoming to fill the last gap.

11 Likes

I just ordered my first case! 88hp, powered. What do you guys think of this rack as a percussion/bass machine - I will sequence from beatstep pro. Will then send to OT for processing via the listen IO. Also used as a way of modulating subharmonicon. Specifically - is the modulation enough or too much? Enough basic utilities and VCAs? The plaits clone is for basslines, the mix out will be basslines and percussion. The blackfly modular is the only module I already have - needed it as soon as I saw it. The only other module I know I want is the Fracture, everything else I could be open to changing.

4 Likes

I had a very interesting dream the other night. I don’t normally have dreams about gear, (though I have actually figured out solutions to things in my own designs in dreams funny enough).

I dreamed I was putting together a Euro system that had several 8’ tall racks, included everything from the most archaic tube devices to modern fancy things, I had several people helping me build it, and we were standing on ladders to get to the top modules. :smiley:

4 Likes

What’s the plan with all the switched mults and the double double attenuators?

For dialing in or switching to different states - with the mults I want to create macro controls so one knob changes multiple effects, or a switch changes a sound in multiple ways.

1 Like

Knurlies are where it’s at for me. Even though I don’t plan on getting swappy and exchangy I do prefer their aesthetic.

I bought my case home and left the wires that I do have at work :joy:
I will make a purchase soon so thanks for the tip.

Thanks. Noted.

The VCA comment also came from one of my mates too. I’m wondering which ones are best to buy. As well as Maths which is a must and a Mutable Instruments choice I’m wondering what 1U modules I can fit up top. I like the look of the Ornament & Crime module. Intellijel also have some good 1U VCA options. I intend on using some iPad apps so I’m thinking about the Intellijel Midi 1U and CVx. Not 100% sure if I should or not because I may have so much fun patching that the iPad becomes redundant and so does the Midi modules and they aren’t cheap! Hmmmm again any advice would be highly appreciated.

Got it in place for now. Had the Roland AIRA series in the cupboard so I thought why not pop them in the case. It turned out they fill the gaps perfectly. For now at any rate.

6 Likes

Sunday afternoon online shopping today. I just ordered 3 modules to go in my nearly empty case :rofl:

• x2 more of these below which now gives me x3 2600 VCO modules for some sound design

• x2 of these which gets my signals out in to my Yamaha 01v96i mixer

• My current case

Not much yet I know but I’m getting there choosing the modules I think will suit me. Should have new modules tomorrow at some point.

4 Likes

Hey there folks ! I’ve made a short talking overview of the 258t by Buchla and Tiptop if anyone is curious about it:

4 Likes

New arrivals, already had 1 VCO and the other two arrived this morning. The case is starting to fill now. Should have a great little TTA case filled by summer :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

What modules are out there that let me feed in x3 VCO’s to make Chords? I mean I could just tune them up manually but what’s out there that’d let me do Chords easily? I have x3 Behringer 2600-VCO’s here was thinking about using them for stabs etc.

Any links?

Thanks