Your modulars

I recently got a Neo Trinity and it’s a wonderful, playful source of modulation. Wow.

I don’t think it will replace Pamela in my rack. Instead, I think it will compliment her considered programmed approach quite nicely.

the guy who was hired to design the model mixers recently released this under his own company… not like a 1 to 1 feature set but its the DJ style mixer that most interest me at the moment. I currently have a master sounds (also his design) which is much more minimal but also really nice.

3 Likes

Picked up a proper euro cable organizer! Tired of hunting down specific lengths through drawers and storage cases, now everything is sorted.

Current state of the mostly semi-modular setup, but a few utility modules are still incoming.

10 Likes

How do you like the Interstellar Radio? Seems pretty awesome.

It’s a little hard to control, you have to attenuate everything going into it to get to the sweet spots. And now that I have the LD-1, that makes those sort of shortwave sounds pretty effortlessly, I might pass it on for a Beads or something. But the Interstellar Radio is still a killer module for weird noise and distortion.

1 Like

Starthief, who has a long running diary thread on ModWiggler, in their latest post puts Interstellar Radio on the chopping block.

1 Like

It’s… It’s… beautiful. Wonderful product design.

1 Like

He might see your post… I just linked to it from another forum on the same topic.

Thanks to him… cDVCA is on my shortlist for one of the next case additions.

Thanks for asking :smiley: it turned out this way:

Error Instruments Liquid Glitcher and Error Drum. Tested them for a few seconds yesterday and it was instant amazing :star_struck:

7 Likes

I’ve always been curious about those two. Got any demos?

1 Like

Here’s a live set on modular the project is called Unkle fester it’s kinda what would fester play …

2 Likes

Gorgeous! I’ve been curious about all of the error instruments. I’m still maybe another year away before adding any

Nice box!

1 Like

& @elxsound got three little snippets :wink:

liquid glitcher, main out + sub out

liquid glitcher main out (sub out not connected) + error drum

Error Drum’s hihats do sound awesome

4 Likes

I have a Model 1. Besides having had to change one dSub card and some of the printing rubbing off, it sounds great, and the two (three) stereo send and returns are great.

Some caveats: all input channels are stereo and cannot be set to mono, there is no panning/balance option for the channels, and also no master insert. It is a DJ mixer with a very particular feature set, which I love, but that might not work for you.

I just finished a project at work today that’s been haunting me for over three years. It was a mandated network security project (which is fine) but I’ve been waiting for one of the corporate groups to send me the actual hardware needed to complete it for nearly three years, then waiting for them to do their parts of the setup before I could do mine. I was so happy to have wrapped it up, that I decided to be completely lazy (work-wise) today, and lay out a new PCB. :smiley:

It’s a pulse and pushbutton activated pulse conditioner, latch, etc. Mainly to work with other PCBs. For example, one of my VCO boards will mount right on top of it, and then the pushbuttons or pulse inputs can be used to start and stop the VCO at will. Combined with other Logic boards, or LFOs, one could start and stop the VCO rhythmically. It has normal and inverted outputs, and then outputs for the state of the OR gates that combine the pulses and button presses, then bi-color LEDs to reflect the flip-flop states.

One case where that’s fun, is to use it to FM another VCO, and then you’ll hear either the pure tone, or the FMed tone rhythmically. Anything that needs a manual gate or latch really. Envelopes, Logic, etc. too.

I have a few on the way now, so I’ll post it in action once I get one built up.

Oh, and nearly forgot. Laid a few others out last time I had a little lull. Now I have to find some time to build them :smiley:

11 Likes

Dear diary,
Im starting to really vibe with my modular, making small iterations to really make a groovebox which Works for me.

Since I’m very live oriented and hands on, swapping out Orbit and adding Grids instead has been a real revelation.

To really get have control over Grids I’ve added one midi track from OP-Z to be the clock of grids. This enables me to have altering clock speeds which is the recipe for some real wonky drums (which I love)

Kraken has left my rack as I really disliked the sound of it, I could not get a pleasant snare sound out of it. I’m more of a clap guy anyways so fracture is more up my alley.

Since I only have two percussion modules I use tides (trigged by Grids) to modulate fracture to fill up any sonic voids in the mix (if needdd)

I have 20hp which I need to fill and while I have some modules outside my rack I’m debating what to fill it up with… not sure as of yet.

Here are two jams

Edit: drums and bass are from modular, the rest is Megafm and OP-1 Field into Lossy

7 Likes

Got sisters yesterday. Loving this setup currently.

14 Likes

Do you have experience with the previous version of Three Sisters? My sense is that the changes are relatively minor and sensible, but I’m still waiting for someone to do an A/B comparison.

My first go with sisters. So no comparison on my end. Does sound great. I’m still very much learning the module.

1 Like

I think the blank face plate needs two red LED eyes. :smiley:

1 Like