Your modulars

daylight

7 Likes

Hey there crew! I met with Nicolas from Ritual Electronics last weekend as we played together in Marseille and he gave a few modules to try. First patch here :wink:

3 Likes

My Moog “Frankenboat” has grown. A couple more controller modules necessitated a bit of additional space so I found a 104 hp unpowered Moog skiff to swap for one of the 60hp ones. Now I’ve got a 164 hp 3U boat for my Eurorack sequencers/controllers. Pretty much a perfect match geometrically for the Doepfer A100 monster case it sits in front of!

12 Likes

Loving the Frankenboat

I’m still sorting out what will stay in the main rack after Hector moves out, but I’m still on board for doing something similar.

1 Like

Had some fun exploring barkfilter into qpas picking out harmonics of an 3 analog osc chord and sending it into magneto. Freezing the feedback loop with a gate can create some nice sub rhythms.

bark into qpas for some dub techno

2 Likes

I could also consider this as my setup, but here we go:

My main performance rack:

My sampler rack:

And the Sequencer rack:

10 Likes

Classy setup here! It make me want to make music with it hahaha.

On my side I have a new Buchla “Tips & Tricks” online if anyone is curious. It can of course be applied to most modular.

2 Likes

Do you have a Max patch running the kettle?

2 Likes

It’s connected via the ivy :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you like the xpo?

I’ve got mine for several months now but I’m not really feeling it. Feel like swapping it for a TZFM oscillator like the zephyr or acronym

1 Like

Joke question but: am I basic for liking Intellijel? I just bought the Tete+Tetrapad combo and now I’m like “Aww man, a real synthesist would have bought ANALOG modules like Rene v1.”

2 Likes

I know what you mean and at times it sounds really vanilla, but I really enjoy using it as an “ultra voice”, using two stereo pairs simultaneously and routing them to different chains, usually through the QPAS with one pair, and through the BLMK3 in stereo mode with another one.

The stereo PWM really is not for me…
I understand that it is an interesting concept, but it really does not feel “fat” enough.

What starts to become really fun is doing feedback patches within the XPO itself: Using one left output of the stereo pair and patching it to its on FM bus with very little attenuation, or into either the global wavefolder input and/or the dedicated left/right shift inputs, will resilt in really odd and fun happy accidents :slight_smile:

For this it is only important to put a dummy cable into the right output, to get even more volume and interestang phase cancellation effects.

Here is a good video as a starting point for feedback patches:

fuck no! intellijel is super underrated imo. kinda late to owning their stuff (used it a bunch when i lived near control voltage), but i’m in love with shapeshifter, metropolis, rainmaker. would love an atlantis. super solid, inspiring modules.

6 Likes

If it sounds good, or if it’s useful then I don’t care if it’s digital or analog.

We’ll just call you basic if you build a modular system only to produce synth wave.

Yeah that’s what I do as well, stereo signals into qpas > xpan, sometimes mixed with the rest of the xpo outputs. With the xpan it can sound thick ish but still feels a bit stale and vanilla to me. And it’s 18hp and uses quite a bit of power than your usual oscillator

Has anyone here tried the acronym and zephyr?

I think it only sounds vanilla if there’s no modulation, but where XPO excels, is when you use it with modulation, even momentary percussive changes makes interesting sounds. Pretty much, many of the same things to make STO sound like more than one oscillator (except for STO’s gate input).

But speaking of STO… if you’re looking for fat, then STO is it.

1 Like

I actually really like the XPO, even sold my Piston Honda MK3 to get it :slight_smile:

Yeah, modulation is very important with this fella, I mainly use Øchd or Quadrax alongside it. It also greatly complements my Hertz Donut MK3, which, synced to each other and used as FM source, really opens up endless timbres.

LPG’s are also really helpful to have control over taming the upmost harmonies when needed

1 Like

No. Rene is digital, and the Atlantis was my first module and always sounds amazing.

2 Likes

Late to the party on this one but Triptych is pretty wild.

2 Likes

I don’t think you meant to reply to me, but seeing @iguai ‘s post again, I think the Rene mention was part of the joke, and they did lead in with “joke question”

I missed that, but I’m still keeping my basic threat intact.

1 Like