Your modulars

I could try flashing Desmodus onto the Electus for a week and see how it holds up. I had one last year and did really like it - it got upgraded to the Starlab :joy: Given how I use it now though it feels like the module that needs putting on the bench…

INTERESTING

I’ve been duped

I don’t know of many true stereo reverbs. I believe the Eventide Space pedal is.

1 Like

And I can understand why as they’re very resource hungry - in a lot of cases it makes sense approaching it that way too I guess, the dry signal retaining the original stereo info - but it still feels like a compromise in treating a stereo image that way especially if you do want to push it more wet.

I’ve got some soul searching to do.

Edit: I’m fairly sure that Desmodus Versio and Aurora are ‘true stereo’ in how they treat the audio - but I’m starting to question everything.

1 Like

no srsly, apart from 2HP modules, Disting MK4 and FX Aid I don’t know of any small footprint reverbs. Ghost could also be an interesting (and big) end of chain allrounder, but that’s all I personally know of…

1 Like

I was just wondering how it might work using two Fx Aids split into a left/right pair and then summing the outputs - this is eurorack I’ll make my own damned stereo reverb :upside_down_face:

Ghost is a good shout btw in the right system, not quite right for my needs unfortunately.

1 Like

What about our shared love of the Beads reverb?

2 Likes

Beads reverb is unreasonably good haha - I’ve never really gotten on that well with Beads though tbh so it’s always been a bit wasted in my rack. I have a bunch of MI modules on standby (including Beads) I’m too scared to sell.

1 Like

I think it sounds terrific. And four flavors to choose from with potential saturation. You can shimmer with pitch shifting…and then everything else. Just wonderful.

But when the code is released I’m bringing it back to the original edit: knob response: I really like that gated quality.

2 Likes

Oooh is this a Clouds reference? I’m not familiar!

Nooo when it was released the tail time was much shorter. A lot of people requested she lengthen it, so she did. The tail would just disappear when your turned the setting down, like a gated reverb. I loved it.

Edit: I knew I had that kind of wrong

• When turned CCW, the reverb amount knob no longer eliminates the wet signal, but instead, stops sending any signal to the reverb. This allows the tail of the reverb to fade out more gracefully when the knob is turned towards its minimum position.
1 Like

That’s very intriguing, I want to hear that original gated reverb sound.

Side note, the Beads code becoming available is going to be a boon for the modular world. Emilie has mentioned that Beads is much more powerful under the hood compared to earlier Mutable modules and has the potential to offer a lot more — I think she teased the idea that Beads could theoretically power a 6-voice poly Plaits. (Edit, found her mention of this in the Mutable forum.)

Godspeed to all the developers out there who can create magical alt firmwares, we’re rooting for you.

3 Likes

Qiemem has a Beads :eyes:

1 Like

Now we just need the code. :star_struck:

Which ones do you mean? Why are they so good? (I’ve been seeing multiple people use that new polyphonic one, even if not polyphonically, but couldn’t really pinpoint why they like that one)

I think there’s gonna be some weird phasing issues using two reverbs that way. I did use two delays that way and I could do pretty cool ping-pong stereo stuff.

1 Like

Speaking of ping-pong stereo delay, here still in my parents’ basement is the Sony TC-377 three-head reel-to-reel tape recorder (1972), on which I independently invented ping-pong delay when I was about twelve years old.

This has nothing to do with modular, but I couldn’t resist.

10 Likes

I would absolutely love to work with a tape machine to make loops and a tape echo with real magnetic tape! Such beautiful devices but Magneto will do the job.
A reel-to-reel tape echo natehorn?
Seriously, have you considered the Intellijel Multi FX 1u, I have 2 of these in my case and even though they’re pretty basic FX sometimes when you just need delay and reverb they do the job.

It is an echo/delay but from the looks of it, its pretty capable and since delay/echo/reverb/chorus are all time domain modulations I figured you could dial in some interesting shimmery reverb-esq type stuff. Mostly I thought of it becuase when I was watching a vid on it, it sounded reverby!

I dunno if it is exactly what you need tho, but being modular land I thought I’d throw it out there since people get pretty creative with modules, going outside of their listed functions and such lol

1 Like

While not modular, it would be pretty straight forward and easy to tap this into a modular set up.

Run some crazy delay stuff coming off the tape reel through some granular modules and go nuts

1 Like

13 Likes