Your favourite vocal harmonies

It’s like the big bang of pop vocal harmonies.

1 Like

This is good

4 Likes

Came to post this, but now I can just appreciate a fellow purveyor of great taste :+1:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Les Nouvelles Polyphonies Corses - “Gira Mondu”:

4 Likes

A lot of these are classic and beautiful
Top quality vocalists
Fragile and raw can be nice too
Probably not pristine vocal technique in this, (I know nothing about singing) the vocals along with the rest of the music hooked me in on this one, it took a few listens to really get into and I kept liking it more and more. Beautiful to me in a rough lowfi sort of way
Harmonys used throughout this album

2 Likes

The Le mystere des voix bulgares LP still blows my mind to this day, hard to pick a track as I really like the ones that obviously inspired Liz Frazer & Lisa Gerrard but this is probably the ‘hit’ for those unfamiliar.

someone previously linked the Roches Hammond Song, so here’s another one of theirs I love for the harmonies.

6 Likes

This track played often in a bar I used to go almost daily to drink cappuccinos and make crosswords, before I moved back to my old hometown. Such a lush and stylish pop song with a nice polymetric groove that makes it impossible not to groove along.
The vocal harmonies are v nice too IMO.

2 Likes
1 Like

That IS good

1 Like

Without even taking the guitar into account…

2 Likes
2 Likes

…UR VOICE…the oldest and most complex and versatile instrument of them ALL…

1 Like
4 Likes

A thread on vocal harmonies with no mention of King’s X is incomplete.

One of my ”guilty pleasures” if such things existed.

2 Likes
1 Like

i cant find it anywhere online, but “Tilagako Hedetch” by Tefera Kassa & Gezahegn Desta is probably my favorite.

and

i also recently cant get the Annie/Sia “Opportunity” chorus out of my head since first hearing it about 2 weeks ago

^speaking of early 00’s electronic:

1 Like

Sarah Mclachlan’s “Building a Mystery”

4 Likes

Our house - Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young

5 Likes